Tranquil 7 Bedroom Home with Pool and Hot Tub in Saffron Walden
Highgrove House holds a wonderfully tranquil position set amongst unspoilt countryside, less than twenty minutes from the popular market town of Saffron Walden. Cambridge and London are both within easy reaching distance of the house and so there is plenty to see, do and explore in the surrounding area.
The architect-owned and designed “Eco” home has been finished to an incredibly high standard with elegant interiors throughout and all the mod cons you could possibly need. The light-filled home features floor to ceiling windows and doors which really help to bring the outdoors in and allow guests to make the most of the beautiful surroundings. Highgrove House can comfortably accommodate up to fourteen guests across its seven well-appointed bedrooms. On the split-level ground floor, are the first three bedrooms while the remaining four are upstairs, six of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities. Three of the bedrooms can be set...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Highgrove House is situated in North Essex, close to the borders of both Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, located between the villages of Duddenhoe End and Langley, less than a 20-minute car journey from the pretty market town of Saffron Walden. Cambridge, with its world-renowned University, is less than 40-minutes away, enjoy a relaxing punt down the River Cam or choose to explore the bustling centre, the choice is yours! There are plenty of family-friendly attractions in the surrounding area, Audley End House and Gardens with its Miniature Railway and Enchanted Fairy and Elf Walk, is less than a 15-minute drive from the house. Bridge End Gardens, a group of linked ornamental gardens complete with a maze and walled garden, is also just 15-minutes away in Saffron Walden. For any history or aircraft fanatics, Duxford, Europe’s largest air museum, is less than 20-minutes away and is a must-visit while you are in the area. Shepreth Wildlife Park and Linton Zoo are both around a 25-minute car journey away and both make for excellent family-friendly days out.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1,000 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price. Pool towels and robes are also provided.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday or Monday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased to 7-nights across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed due to the local wildlife
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that the swimming pool is only open between May and September and the exact dates may be altered due to weather conditions.
- Other Ts and Cs : Due to the rural position, noise does carry in the evenings. Please be respectful to neighbours and avoid any outdoor noise after 11pm.
- Other 2 : Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times when using the swimming pool or when exploring the gardens due to the open pond.