Charming 3 Bedroom Farmhouse in Umbria
When you set eyes on this gorgeous house and the wonderful landscapes surrounding the village, you will see how easily the owners fell in love with Casa Pietrina, set in the beautiful region of Umbria, also known as the ‘Green Heart of Italy’.
This charming three-bedroom farmhouse, found in a small countryside village, dates back to the 16th century and was bought by its current owners only a few years ago after spending so much time in their beloved Umbria. They have restored the casa beautifully and have retained so much character – from the impressive chestnut beams to the hearty fireplaces and arched doorways.
Yet they have also added their own personality to their new home such as lovely lighting, perfectly picked furnishings, artwork, books and a host of other contemporary features such as a Smart TV, a Bluetooth speaker as well as DVDs and games. Not to mention the brilliant kitchen-diner with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Casa Pietrina is set in a small and authentic Umbrian village, just 12km from the delightful town of Spoleto and perfectly positioned to explore the best of this captivating region and beyond. Drive up the narrow village lane and there is on-site parking for one or two small cars in a driveway. Alternatively you may find it easier to park in the square below and then walk up the stairs to the house. There are some wonderful places to eat within a 5 to 10km drive - family-friendly trattorie, lovely pizzerias and a fantastic farm shop which has its own restaurant and amazing gelato. One of the next local villages, 7km away, is home to a well-stocked grocery store whilst there are larger supermarkets in Spoleto and Trevi, about a 15-minute drive away. The idyllic Umbrian town of Spoleto is easily reached, just 12km away – admire its spectacular Ponte delle Torri, explore its historic lanes and soak up its authentic ambience. Nearby Trevi is also a delight, as are the enchanting perched villages of Montefalco, Spello and Bevagna, all within half an hour by car. A little further, sample some of the gastronomic delights in Norcia (50km), possibly combined with walking or cycling in the amazing Sibillini Mountains, or head north towards Assisi (45km) with its historic treasures and world-famous sights. Le Marche is also waiting to be discovered with precious towns such as Macerata and Ascoli Piceno 100km away and the glorious Adriatic coastline reached in around ninety minutes. Drive up to the magnificent Conero National Park, just south of Ancona, and visit one of Italy’s most beautiful beaches, Due Sorelle, by boat. Closer to home in Umbria, there are endless cycling tracks, both on and off road, superb walking trails through the verdant landscapes of rolling hills, olive groves and vineyards or, for the most adventurous, white-water rafting along the Corno river. Cookery lessons can be arranged for guests, as can tastings – sample some of Italy’s finest olive oil and try some excellent wines, especially around the vineyards of Montefalco where the DOCG Sagrantino is produced. Finally, spend the day in Rome by travelling on the fast train service from Spoleto, taking just 1 hr 20 mins to reach Italy’s splendid capital city.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €250 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption, payable locally. An initial supply of wood for the fireplace is included.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes (when swimming pool is open).
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, extra €150.00, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday (June-August, Easter and Xmas/New Year) and flexible at all other times.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June-August, Easter and Xmas/New Year), 3 nights (May, September and October) and 6 nights at other times.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately June to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available in the upstairs bedrooms only. The owners ask that it is only used at night time when sleeping.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult at all times on the upper terrace and by the swimming pool.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair can be requested but advance notice is needed.
- Other Ts and Cs :
- Other Ts and Cs :