Exclusive 18th Century Manor Home with 85 Acres in the heart of Dordogne
This exclusive 18th century manor house, built out of handsome local stone, is set in the heart of Dordogne, close to one of the region’s most beautifully preserved market towns, Sarlat-la-Canéda.
In a secluded spot surrounded by 85 acres of parkland and forests, it’s no wonder Matt Damon and Ben Affleck chose to stay here whilst filming one of their latest movies shot in the Dordogne. No doubt they also appreciated its authenticity and charm with wood-beamed ceilings, exposed stonework and other Perigordian characteristics alongside highly rated facilities.
Available all year round, staying here guests feel like they are experiencing the real Dordogne with glorious views of the Périgord Noir from the manoir’s elevated setting. Yet so many contemporary comforts have also been discreetly added such as Smart TVs and Blu-ray/DVD players, a fitness and yoga room and a brilliant cinema loft with a TV projector,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in 85 acres of woodland on a hilltop, Manoir Des Truffes enjoys a stunning setting in the heart of the Dordogne region, just a 10-minute drive from the enchanting town of Sarlat. Follow the winding and sometimes steep country road to the gates of this glorious home and be amazed by the vast estate of lawns and forests with sweeping views of the surrounding countryside. Follow trails through the woodland whether jogging or just enjoying long walks on your doorstep. Despite this remote location, the famous town of Sarlat-la-Canéda is just 10km away. This exquisite town dates back to medieval times and has been perfectly preserved. As well as four large supermarkets for all your essentials, there are so many wonderful markets selling regional delights, the most well-known being the popular Saturday morning market in the main square. The town is also renowned for its restaurant scene with a great choice of places to eat from traditional and authentic restaurants to Michelin starred establishments. Local gastronomic specialities include duck, truffles, walnuts, cèpes and of course foie gras. Other highlights of the Périgord Noir region include historic castles such as Château de Beynac, Château des Milandes and Château de Fénelon, combined with some of the Dordogne’s idyllic riverside villages including Domme, La Roque-Gageac and Beynac-et-Cazenac, all within half an hour by car. Hiring canoes or kayaks along the Dordogne river is another memorable experience or hop on one of the historic Gabarres for a relaxing cruise down the river. Further north, Montignac (20km) and Lascaux are home to some of the first prehistoric paintings – a visit to the Lascaux IV International Centre is a must to learn all about the fascinating art. Around an hour away, the caves of Padirac (63km) are also outstanding, a natural wonder of stalactites and stalagmites which can be visited partially by boat. Closer to home, the picturesque Eyrignac Gardens (16km) are a great place for all ages with yet more amazing views of the landscapes of the Périgord Noir. Golf-lovers have the Domaine de Rochebois (a 9-hole course) around 19km away or a choice of 18-hole golf courses near Souillac or La Bugue about half an hour by car. Horse-riding through the Dordogne countryside is another popular pursuit or admire the stunning landscapes from a hot-air balloon ride for a truly spectacular experience.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, changed once for stays of more than 7 nights.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and daily maid service (except Wednesdays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Yes (excluding cats), on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the master bedroom and cinema room only.