Whether you are seeking the great outdoors, archetypal hilltop villages or Côte d’Azur beaches, Maison Tintin enjoys an enviable setting close to a superb golf course and the historic town of Valbonne, within a stone’s throw from the glamour of the French Riviera.
The owners have added their own personality to this delightful holiday home which is filled with warmth and colour. There are three pretty doubles downstairs as well as a children’s bedroom whilst on a mezzanine level you will find a master bedroom with its own lovely bathroom.
The inviting living room is a comfortable space with glorious windows opening out to an al-fresco lounge, just perfect for warm summer days with a glass of Côtes de Provence as you look out over the woodland and valleys beyond.
Appreciate the serene ambience in the colourful gardens filled with lavender, oleander and agapanthuses and swim in the fantastic pool with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Tintin is in a beautiful part of the Alpes-Maritimes, between Valbonne and Opio and just 16km from the beaches of the French Riviera. The villa can be found in a remote yet semi-residential area of similar holiday homes, surrounded by woodland and very close to a stunning 18-hole golf course. The nearest large supermarket is just under 4km away, where you will also find other useful amenities. The picturesque market town of Valbonne can be reached in around a 10-minute drive. It’s a charming town to explore with its grid of idyllic lanes and impressive central square, Place des Arcades, dating back to the 17th century. Valbonne is also home to the Friday morning Provençal market where you can pick up seasonal fruit and vegetables as well as other regional delicacies. There are many good restaurants and atmospheric cafes across the town as well as pretty shops selling all sorts of lovely items. This area is also wonderful for walking, horse-riding and mountain-biking with many trails through the nearby Valmasque forest. Stop off for a picnic by the Fontmerle lake, a serene spot for birdwatching or admire the scenery as you walk by the Brague river – keen hikers can continue as far as Biot village. Biot (12km) is one of the many gorgeous villages to visit across the Côte d'Azur hinterland, along with flower-filled Mougins (11km) and nearby Opio (4km), known for its original olive oil mill. Pass hilly landscapes of olive groves, cypress trees and woodland as you drive through this region, often with stunning glimpses of the Mediterranean not far away. Grasse (11km) is another gem to visit with its charming historic centre and fascinating perfume heritage. There will be plenty of opportunities to spend the day along the French Riviera with both Cagnes-sur-Mer (15km) and Cannes (16km) around half an hour away by car. The nearest beaches around Villeneuve-Loubet offer watersports and boat hire or head south of Antibes towards Juan Les Pins (20km) for some of the loveliest sandy beaches in this part of the Côte d'Azur. Spend time in Cannes or Nice, travel as far as Monaco in under an hour or drive inland to the waterfalls and rockpools around Gourdon and beyond. The serene Lérins Islands, reached via a boat from Cannes, are another superb day out or experience the French Riviera from a yacht on a sunset cruise.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €250, payable locally upon arrival. Mid-stay cleaning for stays of 7+ nights included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : The villa sleeps 10-12 guests over five bedrooms. The fifth bedrooms is best suited for children with two sets of bunk-beds.