Villa Mellicata 16th-century farm built Villa with magical garden and orchard
Villa Mellicata isn’t just a place to stay, it’s an experience in itself. Many of our visitors tell us they feel how loved the place is by the family, and the family extends this passion for their home to their guests.
Over the years, the villa, mostly used as the owners’ summer residence, has hosted illustrious names from politics, arts and entertainment including Carla Fracci, the queen of Italian and international ballet; Gerald Ford, former US president with Peter Secchia, the American ambassador in Italy; and Claudia Cardinale, the Italian actress, and movie director Pasquale Squitieri.
The villa is just off Il Nastro Verde – the green ribbon – road the runs from Sorrento to the village of Sant’Agata sui due Golfi. Hidden along a verdant track, you approach the house through a canopy of leaves and over stone cobbles. The house itself is built from volcanic rock and is smothered in vines. It has been...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Accessible Parking: Outdoor
Balcony: Mountain View
Balcony: Ocean View
No Pets Allowed
Balcony: Garden View
Bathroom Amenities: Robe included
Air Conditioning: In rooms
Baby Sitting: Available for additional fee
Baby Sitting: On request
Meal Included: Available for additional fee
The town of Sant'Agata sui due Golfi is at just a few hundred meters. The town offers plenty of shopping, eateries and bars, as well as interesting cathedrals and other attractions.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 30 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 30 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 30 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before March 31st, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Blackout dates: Stays taking place between December 20th and January 3rd do not qualify for 10-day cancellation.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- The local area
- The rugged hills above Massa Lubrense offer amazing views of this unspoilt peninsula at every turn and are crisscrossed with paths and tracks through lemon and olive groves, making this fantastic walking country.
- The hilltop village of Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi is a short walk away and has spectacular views over the Bay of Naples on one side and the Bay of Salerno on the other. It is home to a supermarket and several good restaurants, including the 2 Michelin-starred Don Alfonso.
- The town of Sant'Agata sui due Golfi is at just few hundred meters. The town offers plenty of shopping, eateries and bars, as well as interesting cathedrals and other attractions.
- Sorrento is a windy 9 km drive away with its narrow, cobbled streets, splendid piazzas and beautiful views over the water to Naples and Mt Vesuvius.
- Positano, Vesuvius, Naples, Amalfi and Capri are just some of the places to explore from Villa Mellicata.