Paso de Guardia at Castilla y León
Here at Oliver’s Travels, we handpick and carefully select our accommodations across the globe to bring you truly wonderful dwellings. From quirky to the unique and extraordinary, our selections will blow your mind away, none more so than Castillo Del Buen Amor. Live like royalty in an actual castle, set in beautiful Spain and offering enchanting settings for a truly magical getaway.
A stay in the castle is perfect for those who want a twist in their chosen venue for escape! Indulge yourself in the countryside charm or simply enjoy a different take to a getaway. The castle is the perfect place for all stages of weddings, propose from one of the towers or have the destination wedding you have always dreamed about and unite your houses from the splendour of the grounds. The venue has adequate space, services and facilities to ensure you have a day of matrimony that will live on forever in the memories of all who attend.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Constructed in the 11th-Century, The Castle was originally built as a military fortress, supporting a moat and acting as a sanctuary for troops. The castle was then used by the Catholic monarchs of Spain throughout the centuries, an important base for armies and war! The castle was then transformed into a home, in the late 15th-century. Today, the castle has undergone renovation and restoration work to not only bring you one of the most extraordinary places to stay but also a wonderfully preserved slice of history! The castle sits in between the Zamora and Salamanca provinces in Central Spain. Beautifully decorated, guests can spend as much time as they want in the beauty of the castle, thanks to the array of services and amenities offered, which also make it an excellent wedding destination. Your stay in the castle gives you an immersive step back into time and you can tour the grounds and learn about its illustrious history in detail! There are several halls and rooms throughout the castle, where you can hold events, such as meetings, family gatherings and of course marriage ceremonies. The castle extends a restaurant, where you can enjoy traditional and exquisite meals with service fit for a king! Meals are traditional flavours of Spain and the castle also extends tasty treats. You can enjoy romantic meals in a tower, served by a Butler as you overlook the grounds or make it more a boozy event, with delicious wines. Speaking of wines, why not try some wine-tasting or take a tour of the castle's very own vineyard! Treat yourself, with pampering and relaxing massage or jump into the outdoor pool on the grounds. Why not hire a car and head into the town, with a range of luxury, classical vehicles that you can rent! Locally, you can visit farms and vineyards, including the pig farms where world-famous Iberian Pork is made. Why not pass through the nearby regions, where you can visit medieval villages that you will love: Ledesma, Candelario, Mogarraz, Miranda del Castañar, Toro, the ruins of Villanueva de Campeán, are just some we suggest! Head down to Salamanca, the once intellectual capital of Spain and hosting so much history and architecture, it has become a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. As one of Spain's best University cities, you can expect a diverse range of places, including international dishes, bars and clubs!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit cards details may be requested as guarantee
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price.
- Minimum stay : 1 night
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted.
- Tax : Tourist Tax included in the rental price.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : The castle has 40 rooms and sleeps 80 people. It can be rented as a whole per €7,000 or €8,300 during August.