Casa Betulla at Umbria
In the green heart of Italy, perfectly positioned between two of Umbria’s finest gems, Perugia and Todi, lies Casa Betulla, a characterful 4-bedroom abode in a beautiful setting with its own private swimming pool.
In this delightfully renovated farmhouse each of the two floors is a self-contained apartment, each featuring a cosy living room, well-equipped kitchen, two simple bedrooms and a bath or shower room. This makes Casa Betulla especially ideal for a stay with extended family or a small group of friends, allowing each group a little privacy on their own level. Throughout the casa there’s a sense of warmth and charm with typical Umbrian features such as exposed stone walls, original fireplaces and rustic furnishings. With its unpretentious ambience, there’s no doubt you are in the heart of this inviting and authentic region.
Outside, relax in the spacious grounds gazing at the majestic trees and countryside...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In beautiful rural Umbria, around half an hour south of Perugia, Casa Betulla is set just off a country road, close to an uninhabited medieval borgo/village which has been wonderfully restored. Within a 10-minute drive there is a restaurant serving traditional Italian fare and a supermarket whilst there are some other useful amenities and a café-bar in Collazzone, a pretty hilltop village around 9km away. Wine-lovers will be able to visit some excellent local vineyards, especially around Montefalco and this part of Umbria is also famous for its fine quality truffles and olive oil. Perfectly located between Todi and Perugia, this is a fantastic spot for visiting many of Umbria’s prettiest destinations. Todi is a wonderful day out with its historic winding lanes, characterful restaurants, a charming Saturday morning market and Piazza del Popolo, often referred to as one of the most picturesque squares in Umbria. The stunning city of Perugia is often overlooked but well worth a visit due to its historic architecture, medieval lanes and relaxed student café culture as it’s the home to one of Italy’s oldest universities. Confectionary lovers should visit the Chocolate House just outside the city and see how the famous baci and other local chocolates are made. Other must-see towns across Umbria include Assisi, a UNESCO World Heritage site with its magnificent Basilica di San Francesco, the incredible Ponte delle Torri bridge leading to medieval Spoleto and Orvieto, another idyllic hilltop town with a particularly impressive cathedral. The fortified village of Spello is also just 30km away. For a change of scene, discover nature walks, lakeside beaches and watersports at Lake Trasimeno which can be reached in around 45 minutes by car. Castiglione del Lago is one of the lake’s most popular villages with its historic sights and it’s a good base from which to catch a ferry to one of the lake’s islands. La Valle Natural is ideal for bird-watching whilst those looking for water based activities can try sailing, kayaking, canoeing and even kite-surfing along various parts of the lake’s shore.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption, payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €150, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Flexible (on request) during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €75 per pet per week will apply (payable locally).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available on request.