La Maison Du Vigneron
Imagine opening your shuttered windows in the morning to be greeted with a view of the majestic Vienne river and medieval town of Chinon. La Maison Du Vigneron offers French charm alongside the perfect setting in a bio-dynamic vineyard, ideal for a relaxing holiday exploring the Loire Valley.
The vines were originally planted by monks in the early 1600s, and after their monastery was destroyed in the French Revolution this fine manor house was created - dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Its most recent owner has brought the surrounding vineyard back to life using traditional farming methods such as a plough horse. You will no doubt have plenty of opportunities to sample her elegant deep red wines, many of which are served in both local and Parisian bars and restaurants.
Whilst staying at La Maison Du Vigneron guests can appreciate the heritage of this beautiful home whether relaxing in the graceful yet...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
La Maison du Vigneron is set in the walled gardens of a bio-dynamic working vineyard, perfectly located just a short stroll from the historic town of Chinon, a great base for exploring the magnificent Loire Valley. Set on a hillside just outside the heart of Chinon, you can wander down to the town in five to ten minutes. Ramble along the cobbled and winding lanes, sample local wines in characterful bars and caves, dine in wonderful restaurants and admire the impressive fountain in the main square. There's a weekly market on a Thursday morning and look out for the monthly brocante (flea-style market) and truffle markets in January. It’s a town filled with charm in an especially beautiful setting on the Vienne riverside where you can hire canoes and kayaks. The perched Chinon Fortress is a fantastic place to visit for all ages with its historical importance and stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. The village of Candes-Saint-Martin (17km), one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ is just a 20-minute drive away. It’s where the Loire and Vienne rivers meet and it’s a picturesque spot, especially when viewed on board one of its traditional gabarre boats. A little further west along the Loire river is the renowned town of Saumur (35km) which has gained a reputation for its gastronomic scene as well as its sparkling white wine and Cadre Noir equestrian school. Perhaps combine with a trip to the amazing Fontevraud Abbey (21km) or the Troglodyte village at Rochemenier (55km), about an hour away. This is also an ideal position for easy access to the Loire à Vélo cycling trails along the riverside whilst keen horse-riders can find stables close by, another great way to make the most of the scenery. Golf-lovers only need to travel 22km to find an 18-hole course in lovely surroundings at Golf Loudun-Fontevraud. If you are yearning to see some of the iconic fairy-tale châteaux across the Loire Valley then start off at the castle that apparently inspired the tale of Sleeping Beauty - Château d'Ussé, just a 10-minute drive away. Others close by include Château de Villandry (33km) and Château d'Azay-le-Rideau (21km) or head a little further to Château Royal d'Amboise (75km) and Château de Chenonceau (74km). Tours (50km) is another superb day out with its excellent restaurants, atmospheric markets and remarkable historic sights whilst wine-lovers will appreciate the vineyards of Vouvray just outside the magnificent city.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €650 charged to client’s credit card as a pre-authorisation one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 'natural swimming area' is due for completion in Spring 2020. Please note that the opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and 'pool' maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :