Casolare Ostuni is a rustic, original southern Italian “casolare”, brimming with authentic, local charm, finished with ancient stone. Built in 1877, this sumptuous home was sympathetically renovated in 2017, giving it a sleek, contemporary finish within original buildings, nestled in four acres of olive trees. This prestigious home retains all its unique features and stunning architecture with the most modern of comforts.
Designed for a truly restorative stay, guests can enjoy the ultimate secluded and tranquil setting, with all the services of a five-star resort. An array of staff remains at guests’ disposal close by, offering a full range of services from massages to cooking classes, grocery deliveries, transfers and private chef or catering services. Guests can enjoy a little slice of decadent luxury within an impeccably chic and tasteful private home.
The elegance of this home will immediately strike visitors,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Casolare Ostuni is nestled six kilometres from Ostuni centre, and about a twenty-minute drive from the beautiful beaches of the Adriatic coast. Brindisi airport is about thirty-five minutes drive. Nature lovers will enjoy taking guided hikes through the surrounding hills, olive groves and woodland, or - with the sea so close by - sailing and diving is always an option. Casolare Ostuni is in the “heel” of Italy, in the very heart of Apulia with its beautiful soft light and far reaching horizons. The region is known for its olive oil production, as evidenced by the surrounding stretches of olive groves as well as its distinctive white-washed hill towns, centuries-old farmland and hundreds of kilometres of Mediterranean coastline. The capital Bari is a vibrant port and university town, whilst Lecce is the ‘Florence of the south’ - known for its baroque architecture and “Trulli” - stone huts with cone-shaped roofs that were originally homes; today they can be visited in their preserved form, and provide something of a fairy tale-esque experience for younger members of the group! Ostuni has a bustling and vibrant centre, perched on a hill; it is characterised by white, flat-topped houses across a labyrinth of tiny streets and alleys. Steeped in history, Ostuni cathedral combines Gothic, Romanesque and Byzantine elements. Ostuni is known locally as “the white city,” it overlooks the Valle d’Itria which is known as one of Puglia’s most beautiful areas.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 5, 6 or 7 nights depending on the season.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high and mid season, flexible in low season.
- Other Ts and Cs : Misc. charges: €200
- Pool heating charge? : Pool can be heated at extra cost €1/m3 of gas.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately mid-March to mid-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool towels included? : Yes.