Casa Leonardo at Puglia
Casa Leonardo is a vivaciously restored nineteenth century home styled with panache and discreet charisma, offering a sumptuous abode set in private gardens in the beautiful heel of Puglia. Indoor and outdoor living interplay seamlessly and elegantly, with this flat-roof home, executed in local stone and timber.
The gardens are immaculately styled whilst being natural. A stylish covered veranda, adorned with billowing white cotton curtains offers an ideal space for an evening drink, or breakfast after a refreshing morning swim. There is a charming brick-built outdoor kitchen and oven, sumptuous stone banquettes adorned with marina blue soft furnishings, lanterns and a chic dining space. There is a further lower level dining space with ample seating, whilst the lawns are lusciously verdant, dotted with palms trees and foliage
Nine guests can be accommodated across four bedrooms and four bathrooms, two of which...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Casa Leonardo is nestled just a five-minute drive from the coast, just south of Gallipoli, in Puglia, the “heel” of Italy. There are many restaurants towards the coast and also some excellent choices in the historic town of Taviano, only 4km away. Admire the beautiful architecture and this town full of history and be sure to try some of the local Salento wine that this area is well known for. The nearby coastline (3km) offers crystal-clear waters and a rocky coastline, ideal for snorkelling as well as swimming. Further north, there are sandier beaches and longer stretches, including the wonderful Baia Verde (15km), just south of Gallipoli, where you will find clear shallow waters which are ideal for children as well as great nightlife as the day draws to a close. Gallipoli (16km), meaning beautiful city in Greek is a summer escape known for being surround by water on all sides, with a longstanding fishing history and seafood featuring heavily in the cuisine. The centro storico is stunningly pretty, with winding alleyways, artisan boutiques and endless eateries. Around forty minutes south, visitors will reach Santa Maria di Leuca (38km), Puglia's southern-most tip, where you can watch the boats in the marina or even take a trip out to see local caves along the dramatic coastline. Other noteworthy places to visit include Specchia (28km), one of Italy's prettiest villages as well as the great city of Lecce with its great shops and well as historic sights. The region is known for its olive oil production, as evidenced by the surrounding stretches of olive groves as well as its distinctive white-washed hill towns, centuries old farmland and kilometres of Mediterranean coastline.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.30 pm.
- Departure time : By 9.30 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and bath towels are included. Pool towels available on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior arrangement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €100 per pet per stay, payable locally applies.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Strictly no smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August, 3 nights during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from mid April to mid October, subject to weather conditions (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning is in the living room only.