Casa Cardoso at Liguria
In a hilltop position that offers captivating views over the Magra Valley, Casa Cardoso is a tranquil retreat for a family looking to get away from it all. This comfortable holiday home sits within gardens that provide many leisure activities, with areas perfect for appreciating the scenery as you dine al fresco.
Surrounded by nature and yet with the medieval town of Sarzana just 20 minutes away by car, the villa is in a prime position for exploring the picturesque countryside. The coast is also within easy reach, with beaches such as Bocca di Magra, Fiascherino and Tellaro being around a 30-minute drive from Casa Cardoso.
The tasteful restoration that this traditional villa has enjoyed means that the interior has retained plenty of original features and much rustic charm. The bright and open living space is a prime example of this, with wood beam ceiling and an antique stone fireplace creating a cosy feel. The...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Staying at Casa Cardoso means you get to enjoy total peace and quiet in a typically unspoilt part of the Liguria countryside. The villa's elevated position on a picturesque hillside means the views over the Magra Valley are simply spectacular. Despite its secluded and rural setting close to the border with Tuscany, there are several restaurants within a 20-minute drive. For a greater choice of amenities and plenty of sightseeing opportunities, visit medieval Sarzana. It's a beautiful town, with brightly-coloured buildings and both streets and squares lined with historic sites. Some of the highlights include 13th-century Sarzana Cathedral and 15th-century La Cittadella Fortezza Firmafede. You can reach the famous Cinque Terre villages either by train from Sarzana, or simply drive there from the villa in around an hour. The closest of these five ancient fishing villages is Riomaggiore. Here you can follow the clifftop trail called 'The Path of Love' to the village of Manarola, taking in glorious sea views along the way. Monterosso al Mare boasts a lovely sandy beach for relaxing and clear waters for swimming. The coastline that runs from Lerici to San Terenzo for about 4km is dotted with a mixture of sand and pebble beaches. This makes the town of Lerici a particularly nice place to visit for a day trip, as it also has an imposing fortress and public gardens to explore. As the villa is so close to the Liguria-Tuscany border, it's easy to cross over into Tuscany and visit places such as Carrara. The city is most famous for its marble quarries and you can stroll around a museum that covers the history of marble production.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally in cash).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Changeover day : Saturday from end-May to September, flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights from September to mid-April (except Christmas when minimum stay is 5 nights). 7 nights from mid-April to September.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €200, paid locally in cash on arrival. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €30 per day, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €10 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property can accommodate a further two guests on a sofa bed in the living room, on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property sleeps 6 guests comfortably, whilst a further 4 guests may be accommodated in sofa beds. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property can accommodate a further two guests (total 12 guests) on an additional sofa bed in the living room, on request.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.