Delightful Rustic Style 4 Bedroom Farmhouse in Gard Provençal
In the heart of Gard Provençal, just below the ramparts of one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ lies the delightful Mas Des Remparts, a 500-year old French farmhouse full of captivating character and rustic charm.
The welcoming owners have renovated their Mas with great love and have created somewhere for guests to experience true authenticity and comfort in beautiful surroundings. Alongside the owners’ own residence, part of the Mas has been made into a holiday home with four bedrooms spread across three apartments, sleeping up to ten guests in total.
Each apartment has its own immense character yet also includes modern features such as Nespresso machines, Bluetooth speakers and iPads pre-loaded with lots of local information. Further homely touches include bathrobes, organic toiletries and even a picnic rug to take on relaxing days out. This is a delightful place where families or friends can gather together...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Mas Des Remparts is set in 6 acres of grounds leading straight into the wild and beautiful garrigue, just below the ramparts of one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages de France’ in the heart of Gard Provençal. It’s just a five-minute walk up to the village, classified as one of France’s ‘Most Beautiful Villages’ with good reason with its medieval buildings and stunning setting perched up high with panoramic views around you. Walk around the town’s ramparts to appreciate the wonderful vistas of Languedoc and beyond. There are three restaurants/cafes you can walk to as well as a farm shop open from Easter to the end of September. In the summer there's also a pizza van in the village once a week on a Friday evening. This region is especially popular with cyclists, indeed the Tour de France passes near one of the local villages as well as the Pont du Gard in July 2019. The Mas has bikes that you can use so you can just hop on and ride straight from the grounds into the garrigue and beautiful countryside roads. Serious cyclists may however prefer to bring their own bikes or rent a high-specification bike nearby. For a bit of a change, electric bike tours of the region can be arranged near the Mas. The area also has some lovely walking trails to follow either straight from the house, around local villages or further afield in the Cevennes mountains or Ardeche. There is also horse-riding, canoeing (Pont du Gard and Ardeche Gorge), rock-climbing, paragliding and tennis within a short drive. River swimming is also a popular pastime. Wine-lovers will appreciate the vineyards across this region. The owners can arrange complimentary wine-tasting for guests with a local Vigneron and they can also organise private vineyard tours nearby or suggest itineraries. In the summer jazz concerts are held in the vineyards for a very special experience. There are also olive oil mills and honey producers (a great local speciality, especially with lavender) you can visit. You are just a short drive from historic Uzès (19km), a very pretty town with an impressive cathedral and Le Jardin de Medieval in the heart of the town. There’s an amazing farmers market on a Wednesday morning with wonderful local produce or head to the town on a Saturday morning where the market sells food, clothes, jewellery and more. Uzès and its surrounding villages also host night time markets in July and August with food, wine, music, arts and crafts with everything sold made locally. There are of course many other beautiful villages, towns and sights to discover. The exquisite Roman city of Nîmes is only 43km away whilst the famous UNESCO World Heritage site of the Pont du Gard (32km) is a perfect place for canoeing on the Gardon or picnics in this amazing setting. Avignon (55km), Orange (50km) and even Montpellier (100km) are also worthy of day trips whilst the spectacular Camargue Is just over an hours drive to the south.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : N/A.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, including electric heating.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including beach and pool towels. Linen is changed once a week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean included for stays of 2 weeks or more. Please note that guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : Pets may be allowed in the ground floor apartment (Apartment 1) only and only on request and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (shorter stays outside of June, July and August on request).
- Changeover day : Saturday (other days outside of June, July and August on request).
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is only heated from mid-April to mid-June (weather dependent). Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.