Charming Elegant 18th Century 4 Bedroom Townhouse Home in Northern Dordogne,
In a pretty town square close to northern Dordogne, this elegant townhouse offers character and style to guests wanting to explore the enchanting region of Perigord Vert, near the historic city of Limoges.
Named after the 6th century saint who founded a monastery on the site that is now the medieval town of Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche, this elegant 18th century townhouse’s original character blends harmoniously with contemporary touches and design. Original parquet flooring, beautiful old fire-places and wood-beamed ceilings create a warm ambience in the home whilst modern features add to the impressive style.
Furnished to a very high standard, rooms feature both antique and modern pieces whilst sumptuous beds with 100% cotton linen and splashes of colour adorn the five pretty bedrooms. Even the four bathrooms stylishly combine the old and the new. Throughout this home you’ll be amazed by the intricate and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Aredius is a beautiful 18th Century townhouse in the heart of Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche, in Haute-Vienne, near the border of northern Dordogne. As you open your door you step straight out onto a pretty square with a fountain and a 13th century church. You’ll hear the bells chime on the hour from 7am to 9pm and there may be a wedding taking place during your stay – it really is a picturesque setting. Saint Yrieix is a historic medieval town with restaurants and pretty shops, many selling Limoges porcelain made from clay discovered in the town in the 18th century. Look out for the great market twice a month and explore its many historical buildings. Not far from the town is a pretty lake that is great for long walks and there are also many wonderful hiking and cycling opportunities across the beautiful countryside that surrounds the town including the nearby Perigord-Limousin Regional Natural Park. Other local activities include golf, fishing, swimming and canoeing as well as horse-riding across the region. Cyclists may especially like the Velorail, a 22 km rail-bike along old railroad track over bridges, viaducts, through tunnels and former train stations, south of Saint Yrieix. Castle lovers don’t miss the beautiful Château de Jumilhac (13km) or Ségur-le-Château (15km) whilst to the north, easily reached by train or car, is the exciting city of Limoges with its impressive cathedral, lovely gardens and historical buildings to admire. Saint Yrieix is also a short drive from the idyllic Perigord-Limousin Regional Natural Park, part of which is also known as Perigord Vert in northern Dordogne, regions famous for their meadows, forests, rolling hills and rivers. Beautiful places to discover include Thiviers (30km), where you can try some of their Foie Gras, walnuts and truffles (especially at the Saturday market) or Corgnac-sur-l'Isle (36km) where you can canoe in beautiful surroundings. Other pretty places to visit include Saint-Jean-de-Côle (40km), one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages on the banks of the River Côle and Brantôme (56km) on the River Drone where you can hire canoes, go on a boat ride or take leisurely riverside strolls after exploring the lovely town. Further afield, head to the haunting village of Oradour-sur-Glane (60km), visit the historic town of Nontron (53km) in the heart of Perigord Vert or head south to the small city of Périgueux (64km) with its amazing cuisine and historical architecture. Not forgetting the sights around the Dordogne River such as Domme, Limeuil and La Roque-Gageac, all within about ninety minutes by car, as well as the beautiful town of Sarlat-la-Canéda with its stunning market and restaurants. The owner (who has a great deal of experience in the hotel industry as a concierge) can arrange many day tours, some hosted by himself, or he can simply give you directions and tips on what to see.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and stag/hen parties are not permitted. Any other special events or parties are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.