Incredible Historic Home with Luxury Interiors and Impressive Abbey Views
The Coach House is a Grade I listed building dating back to the 1700s. It has been tastefully transformed with stylish interiors and premium furnishings which contrast perfectly with original stone walls and beautiful exposed beams. As soon as step foot into the impressive house, you’ll get the wow factor!
Downstairs you’ll find the fully equipped, modern kitchen. There is a sense of balance as old meets new. Glossy kitchen cabinets are paired with vintage looking appliances. A sleek black sink sits in front of windows showcasing views of Whitby Abbey. A neutral colour scheme works with the brown exposed beams in the ceiling. It is as charming as it is practical with a dishwasher, fridge, washing machine, cooker, kettle, microwave and toaster. There is even a coffee machine so you can enjoy a fresh coffee each morning!
The dining area is a minimalistic space with plenty of style. The huge dining table is ideal for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
The Coach House is located on the East Cliff near the incredible Whitby Abbey. To get to the property, you pass through the grounds of the beautiful Grade II listed Abbey House, which was originally a monastic building until it was granted to the Cholmley family in 1541. You���ll be amongst plenty of history. Whitby Abbey was originally a 7th-century monastery and it even went on to inspire Bram Stoker���s famous gothic novel ���Dracula���. Below, the East side of town is full of narrow, medieval streets dotted with boutiques, pubs and fish restaurants. Head over the swing bridge which sits over the River Esk and you���ll find yourself on the West side of Whitby. Continue to Pier Road and you���ll find more cosy pubs and restaurants as well as fun arcades. Continue along the lively road until you reach the beautiful, blue flag West Cliff Beach which is lined with idyllic beach huts. Step outside of Whitby and you���ll uncover a haven of woodland and moorland. Whitby forms part of the North York Moors National Park so it���s the perfect place for long walks.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- - No smoking - No parties or events - Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM