Incredible Private Home on the Site of Whitby Abbey
Recently refurbished to the highest standard, Caedmon House is a stunning property with style in abundance. Sleeping up to 6 guests across three spacious bedrooms, this gorgeous property has it all.
Upon entering the house, you’ll be welcomed into a bright hallway. Head up the stairs to the living room and you’ll find a cosy space with a dark coloured feature wall and exposed beams. The perfect place to retreat to, relax on the corner sofa and turn on the flat screen TV to keep up with your favourite shows.
Take the steps up to the open plan kitchen and dining area. Beautifully styled, there is a light grey shaker style kitchen and a rustic wooden table with a matching bench and leather dining chairs. Fully equipped for all self-catering stays, you’ll have everything you could need for your visit.
Also on this floor is an en-suite bedroom with a comfy king bed. The neutral colour scheme creates a luxury...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Caedmon House is located on the East Cliff near the incredible Whitby Abbey. To get to the property, you pass through the grounds of the beautiful Grade II listed Abbey House, which was originally a monastic building until it was granted to the Cholmley family in 1541. You’ll be amongst plenty of history. Whitby Abbey was originally a 7th-century monastery and it even went on to inspire Bram Stoker’s famous gothic novel ‘Dracula’. Below, the East side of town is full of narrow, medieval streets dotted with boutiques, pubs and fish restaurants. Head over the swing bridge which sits over the River Esk and you’ll find yourself on the West side of Whitby. Continue to Pier Road and you’ll find more cosy pubs and restaurants as well as fun arcades. Continue along the lively road until you reach the beautiful, blue flag West Cliff Beach which is lined with idyllic beach huts.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On bookings made after May 6th with a check-out date on or before December 20th, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. Exclusions may apply for stays longer than 14 nights.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- - No smoking - No parties or events - Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM