Charming Coastal Cottage in the Heart of Whitby
This charming coastal cottage sits perfectly in the heart of Whitby, just a few steps from the famous Flowergate and a short walk to the harbour. This two bedroom cottage sleeps four guests and welcomes one well behaved dog. Enjoy everything Whitby has to offer then retreat back to this beautiful, cosy bolthole by the sea.
The Cottage is located next door to Jet Cottage, another charming holiday home. If you are looking for accommodation for a larger group, the two properties together accommodate 8 guests.
Stepping into the cottage, you are welcomed by a traditional style with a neutral colour palette of blues, grey and beige. The open plan living, kitchen and dining area makes up the ground level. The living area is formed around the fireplace. With a fabric sofa and separate armchair, you can enjoy the peace of Oystons Yard after a day exploring. The pale sage colour kitchen is tucked away under the stairs. The...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
First Aid Kit
Daily Housekeeping: Available on request
Amber Cottage is located just off the iconic Flowergate, in the centre of Whitby. You will find the flurry of shops, restaurants and bars just a few steps from the front door. The Blue Flag West Cliff beach and promenade is just a 5-minute walk from the cottage. The famous Trenchers is nearby where you can try traditional Whitby fish and chips! On Pier Road, you’ll find nostalgic arcades which are fun for all ages.. The opposite side of Whitby is full of narrow, medieval streets dotted with boutiques and pubs. Sample the catch of the day in one of the fish restaurants or visit one of the traditional sweet shops for all your candy needs. Climb the famous 199 steps up to the Church of Saint Mary and the renowned ruined Whitby Abbey, which was the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s gothic novel ‘Dracula’. Step outside of Whitby and you’ll uncover a haven of woodland and moorland. Whitby forms part of the North York Moors National Park so it’s the perfect place for long walks and fresh countryside air.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- - No smoking - No parties or events - Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM