Beautiful five bedroom villa in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Sit by the poolside with a glass of Côtes de Provence <i><i>rosé</i></i> with the scents of thyme and lavender around you as you savour the vineyard views, listening to the sounds of the cicadas as the evening nears. Les Cigales offers everything you would expect and more from a stay in Provence as well as being near the magnificent French Riviera.
This beautiful abode started its life as a stone barn for grape harvesting but has been wonderfully converted into a 5-bedroom home set in delightful landscaped gardens. Every care has been taken by the hospitable owners to ensure guests feel at home at all times of year whether resting by the roaring fireplace, dining by candle-light in the elegant dining area or spending time in the heart of any Provençal home, the wonderfully equipped kitchen. Five bedrooms offer charm and comfort; the master bedroom is especially lovely with its impressive bathroom and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
Les Cigales is set in a pretty hamlet in the vines of a prestigious vineyard, a five-minute drive from an old Provençal village in the Var department of southern France. The local village, just under 4km away, is full of charm with its winding lanes and historic buildings, pretty fountains and panoramic views from the top where you can admire many of the vineyards that make up the surrounding landscape. As well as restaurants, cafes and shops, you’ll find the wonderful Farmer’s market on a Friday morning. There is also a supermarket complex just a couple of kilometres from the villa, en route to the village. Other great Farmer’s markets to discover include Pierrefeu-du-Var (8km) on a Saturday, the coastal town of Le Lavandou (40km) on a Thursday morning and Hyères (24km) on a Sunday morning (when there is also an atmospheric flea market/<i>brocante</i>). A little closer to home, Puget-Ville (5km) also has a <i>brocante</i> on a Sunday morning. Wine-tasting is a given in this region which produces some of the greatest Côtes de Provence wines as well as other well-known appellations. Wine-tasting and vineyard tours can be arranged by the owners. The Var region offers so much across all the seasons. There are many hiking trails through the hills, cycling and mountain biking are popular in the area and horse-riding stables can be found within a few minutes by car. There are also tennis courts within 5km and various golf courses including Golf de Valcros, near La Londe, around half an hour away. Despite this rural location, the beaches of the French Riviera can be easily reached. The nearest beach is in La Londe-les-Maures, around half an hour away or head to the lovely seaside town of Le Lavandou (40km) with its sandy beaches, including Plage de Saint-Clair which has been voted as one of France's most beautiful beaches. La Presqu'île de Giens (30km), just south of Hyères is also superb or head further east to the incredible La Croix Valmer coastline, especially wonderful for walkers who can follow the coastal path and come across unique beaches such as Plage de Gigaro (70km). Hyères (24km) is a beautiful city to explore, as is Toulon (25km) with its great harbour. The well-known fishing village of Saint-Tropez (70km) is just over an hour away; make sure you visit the world-famous Pampelonne Beach with its exclusive beach clubs such as Le Club-55, often frequented by celebrities. Perhaps combine the day out with a visit to one of the many idyllic villages such as Gassin, Ramatuelle, La Môle or Bormes-les-Mimosas. Take a boat from one of the harbours to some lovely islands just off the coast, including Porquerolles with its magnificent beaches. The island can be explored by foot or bicycle; take a picnic for a great trip out with all the family. For another spectacular day out, head inland to the famous Verdon Gorge (120km), one of France’s most amazing natural wonders and a great place to hire boats, kayaks and canoes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, heating (reversible air-conditioning) is included in the rental price. The fireplace and wood-burning stove can also be used in the winter.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Bed linen is changed mid-stay for stays of two weeks.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, if guests require end of stay cleaning there is a charge of €150.00, payable to the owner.
- Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : Pool heating is included in May (it is not needed from June to late September).
- There is a charge of €25 per day for pool heating in October and April, payable to the owner.
- Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The swimming pool is open approximately April to end-October.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July, August, Christmas and New Year. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July, August, Christmas and New Year. 2 nights during all other periods.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outdoors only.
- Other Ts and Cs : The hammam is due to open in 2020. There will be a charge for its use, payable to the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : The hot tub is not available for winter rentals.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy may be requested by the owner before or upon arrival.