beautiful six bedroom Chateau in countryside
Not far from one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’, Chateau des Audaces is a historic and beautiful home which enjoys wonderful views over the stunning Tarn-et-Garonne countryside.
You can also enjoy the romantic vistas of forests and farmland from many of the large windows across the 13th century house, which is unique for a château from this time. The owners have lovingly restored this home to create a stylish and comfortable space yet have respected its historic past by retaining traditional features such as thick stone walls, wood beams and vaulted ceilings. The home has been furnished with great care, a graceful blend of old and new and artwork adorns the walls; you can tell it’s an artist’s home. There is a relaxed ambience throughout, after all this is the Tarn-et-Garonne with its gentle landscapes and unhurried way of life.
With six bedrooms across both the château and a separate apartment
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in the beautiful countryside of Tarn-et-Garonne, with lovely views of woodland and farmland, Chateau des Audaces enjoys an enviable location just over 2km from a local village. You can pick up morning pastries and fresh bread from the boulangerie in the local village and there’s also a small grocery store there, whilst a larger supermarket is around 8km away. The small bastide town of Lauzerte (8km) is classed as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ with its pretty arcaded square, medieval buildings which have recently been restored and charming cafes, shops and restaurants. Stop off in Le Jardin du Pelerin which is on the famous Camino pilgrim's route that passes through the town (the GR65, which also passes within 3km of the house). The Tarn-et-Garonne is often referred to as the ‘Tuscany of France’ due to its beautiful valleys and rolling hills. You will find food markets in many villages and towns across the region, certainly one for most days of the week. Local specialities include grapes, duck, Cahors wine, fruit and you’ll be able to visit vineyards, organic farmers and fromagiers both nearby and further afield. Look out for the weekly brocantes (flea markets) as well. There are some wonderful cycling routes through the countryside landscapes as well as walking trails (including the famous GR65 pilgrim route) and horse-riding. There’s a small but very pretty golf course 11km away and tennis courts even closer. Just a twenty-minute drive away is Lac De Montcuq with its lake beach, play area, fishing opportunities and supervised swimming on some summer afternoons. There’s also a popular water park at the top of the lake. If you prefer boating, head to the Canal des Deux Mers, just over half an hour away, also known for its picturesque cycling tow paths or hire kayaks on the river in Moissac. Montcuq (18km) is a delightful town with a great Sunday morning market and a fascinating Cathar history. Puy-l'Évêque (43km) is also incredibly beautiful, a perched village on the River Lot and you can take boat trips in the summer months. Moissac (24km), on the banks of the Tarn River, is worthy of a visit for the Abbaye Saint-Pierre, a UNESCO World Heritage site and Montauban (34km) is another great town with its impressive square, restaurants, museums and lovely walks along the Canal De Montech. Try to visit the historic town of Cahors (45km) on market day, twice a week, where you can pick up all sorts of amazing local delights such as Quercy melons, truffles and the finest foie gras. The famous bridge, Pont Valentré, is a UNESCO World Heritage site; it’s an incredibly picturesque town to explore. The surrounding Cahors vineyards are world-famous and produce some of the best Malbec and Syrah varieties – be sure to visit a vineyard or two during your stay.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : No. €40 per day, payable locally, if required. There is a wood burner in the kitchen and main living room and an open fire in the second living room. A reasonable amount of firewood is provided.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Bed linen and bath towels are changed once for stays of more than 7 nights.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and a mid-stay clean is included for stays of more than 7 nights. Please note, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : The main beds in the château sleep up to 12 guests. There are also four single beds for children across some of the rooms which can be made available on request, subject to a supplement. Please enquire.