Historic five bedroom Chateau at Occitanie
Stay in a historic château in the heart of a bastide village with distant views of the Pyrenees. Château Chemin Vert offers charm, character and even a swimming pool near some of southern France’s most beautiful towns and countryside in the enchanting region of Languedoc.
The spirit of this grand château is felt throughout with elegant furnishings and so many historic features from the panelled walls and carved fireplace in the splendid living room to ornate ceilings and rich fabrics in the four main bedrooms. Recent renovations also add a touch of contemporary style such as in the bright orangerie with its dining table and the new family suite upstairs sleeping up to four guests. Other modern amenities include Wi-Fi, satellite TV, a gym and fluffy bathrobes in each of the five en suite bathrooms.
Doors from the library, grand salon and orangerie lead out to a large terrace and barbecue designed for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Chemin Vert is located in a bastide village in the Aude department of southern France, near the border with Ariège, around 50km south-west of Carcassonne. Public car parking is just a minute’s walk away and you will find the entrance of the château just off the narrow pavement on one of the village roads. Stairs will take you up to the main floor which leads to the gardens and terraces. The village itself is full of charm and has many festivities taking place throughout the spring, summer and autumn from medieval music festivals to the occasional Vide Grenier (flea market). You’ll find a boulangerie, chacuterie, pharmacy and a few cafes and restaurants, as well as a small supermarket just on the village’s edge. There are also tennis courts just outside the village. The Saturday morning market is one of the prettiest in the region. There are some wonderful walking and cycling routes across the region including Le Chemin Vert, an old railway line which is now a path linking Mirepoix and Lavelanet and can be joined around 500m away. The Lac de Montbel is just a ten-minute drive away, a great place for watersports including kayaks, canoes and pedalos, or you can go fishing, bird-watching or simply go for a swim from one of the lakeside beaches. It takes around four hours to walk around the whole lake, passing through forests and admiring the beautiful landscapes around you. You may even be able to see the snow-capped Pyrenees at certain times of year. This region also offers a wealth of fascinating history such as the Cathar ruins in Montsegur, Lapradelle-Puilaurens and the incredible Château de Queribus. You can also visit Neolithic caves in Niaux and Lombrives, both around an hour away. If you are travelling during the winter then you will find skiing around Les Monts d'Olmes, one hour by car, or at other times of year it’s a great place for walking and also popular with cyclists. Not forgetting so many wonderful old villages and towns across the Aude and Ariège regions, many with weekly markets where you can pick up some amazing local produce. Mirepoix has a particularly great Monday morning market, probably the best in the area, and Limoux has a market all day on a Friday. The owners will give you a list of the local markets when you arrive. Of course, a visit to the magnificent city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a must. See the fascinating castle and the beautiful historic town with its idyllic cafes, shops and restaurants or take some time exploring the Canal du Midi by taking a trip on a boat for a lovely day out.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 charged to clients’ credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded four days after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : No, heating is payable in the winter, guests will be invoiced separately by the owner.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August. 3 nights during all other periods.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair and cot are available on request.