Stunning six bedroom with hectares of beautiful gardens
Relax among the peonies, roses and magnolias in this stunning <i>maison</i> set in two hectares of beautiful gardens in the Dordogne countryside, not far from the historic market town of Ribérac.
Listen to the birdsong of the nightingales and goldfinches, watch butterflies dance by, hear the distant sound of chirping frogs or the gentle flow of the fountain as you sit in the magnificent gardens, inspired by English and Japanese designs. Wander down the steps to the delightful salt-water swimming pool and laze in the sun on warm summer afternoons. Spend balmy evenings in the outdoor courtyard kitchen by the pizza oven and firepit, then retire to the magnificent terrace, looking out towards Dordogne landscapes of rolling meadows and farmland as the sun sets.
The restoration of this historic building has led to an incredible and unique holiday home. With most of the <i>maison </i>dating back...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Positioned between Périgueux and Angoulême in the Dordogne region of south-west France, Maison Des Pivoines enjoys a rural location surrounded by farmland and rolling countryside. The owner’s own house is just 100m away should you need anything during your stay. You can walk to a lovely village (1.7km), around twenty minutes away (or a five-minute drive), where you will find a bakery, grocery store, a handful of cafes and bistros/bars, a pharmacy and an atmospheric <i>brocante</i> (antiques/flea market) on the first Sunday of every month. The nearby town of Ribérac is well-known for its excellent Friday morning market. Indeed, this region is well known for its wonderful Périgord cuisine and you will be able to discover a Dordogne market every other day selling all sorts of local produce. Look out for the weekly markets in places such as Chalais, Saint-Aulaye as well as the cities of Périgueux and Angoulême. There’s also a lovely Sunday morning market in Aubeterre-sur-Dronne, a remarkably picturesque village that is classed as one of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>’ due to its location above the River Drone and its historic buildings including the amazing Monolithic Church which has been carved into the rock. Watersports lovers should spend some time in Brantôme, again on the River Drone, where you can hire canoes along the river, try paddle-boarding or just take a lovely walk along the riverside. It’s a really pretty town with lovely shops and has some excellent restaurants. Périgueux is also a fantastic day out with its wonderful markets (specialising in <i>foie gras</i> and truffles at certain times of year) and its Byzantine cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site. History lovers can visit the Roman remains, museums or simply admire the marvellous architecture across this beautiful city, the capital of the Dordogne department. Angoulême is a great city to explore, set above the Charente river and filled with history, art in beautiful surroundings. The National Comic Strip and Image Centre is a great museum for lovers of graphic-novels. The city hosts a number of lovely markets and features stunning architecture, pretty gardens, pleasant cafes and good restaurants.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus mid-stay cleaning for stays of more than one week. Please note, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes and changed mid-stay for stays of more than one week.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is heated via solar power using a cover that can heat the pool up to 26-28C when used. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Tax : French Visitors paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Changeover day : 2021: any day of the week. From 2022: Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from May to October (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair and cot are available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : The property is suitable for a maximum of 10 guests.