Perfectly positioned six bedroom Chateau in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Perfectly positioned between Bergerac and Périgueux, set in 32 acres of private estate with prairies, little brooks and a pond, Château Perigord offers rural charm and elegance in the enchanting Dordogne countryside.
This 17th century country house has undergone a very recent restoration which has brought the château into the 21st century whilst carefully retaining its traditions and character. French windows bring light into the spacious rooms and high-quality furnishings have been added to create comfort and class. Original wood panelling, a French billiard table, marble and limestone fireplaces and exquisite chandeliers feature downstairs where you can relax in tranquillity or dine by candlelight. The delightful country kitchen retains all its charm yet has been updated with high-end appliances and the modern kitchen-island with its traditional marble top is a great spot for breakfast or a pre-dinner drink.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Perigord is located in the Dordogne region, just under half an hour north-west of Bergerac. It’s set in a thirteen-hectare estate featuring meadows, trees and a brook with a little bridge crossing over it. There are several miles of walking trails around and beyond the estate by the brook and canal. The surrounding countryside is wonderful, filled with rolling hills and forests. It’s around 1.5km to the little village with a great little supermarket, small but well-stocked with locally sourced cheese and meat. You’ll find a number of restaurants you can drive to within around ten to fifteen minutes by car, the nearest being a hotel with a very good restaurant serving fresh and seasonal food. Look out for a particularly good restaurant in nearby Queyssac, around 9km away, a hidden gem where you need to book ahead (as much as two weeks in advance in the summer). Larger supermarkets and other shops can be found in Vergt as well as towards Bergerac (the owners recommend the Intermarche Hyper in Creysse, Bergerac, for its excellent fish, meat and cheese counters). Spend time exploring the local area and visiting traditional French villages and hamlets such as Beauregard-et-Bassac, Villamblard, Issac and Jaure, all charming places made more beautiful by their lovely surroundings. The Château de Montréal and its gardens are also worth visiting in the summer, only a 20-minute drive away, perhaps combine it with a trip to Mussidan on market day on a Saturday. This is a great area for keen walkers and cyclists with many paths and trails through the Dordogne landscapes. You can hire canoes to sail along the Isle river in Mussidan or head to the Parc de Loisirs at Neufont in the summer months for supervised swimming off the lakeside beach, kayaking, pedalos, a toboggan ride and fishing. The historic town of Bergerac can be easily reached by car. It’s a glorious place to spend the day, whether wandering around the old town with its beautiful buildings, picturesque shops and excellent restaurants or sampling wines in the famous Maisons de Vins. Saint-Émilion, around an hour away, is another must for wine-lovers and the vineyards of Bordeaux are just a little further with the magnificent city just 90 minutes by car. To the north, the small yet delightful city of Périgueux, the capital of the Dordogne region, should be visited for its stunning medieval architecture, amazing cuisine and wonderful markets. The Byzantine cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the city also features buildings dating back to Roman times. The Dordogne river, to the south, has so many pretty villages to explore such as Trémolat and lovely Limeuil, where the Vézère river leads into the Dordogne. Further east, some of the region’s most famous towns and villages can be reached in just over an hour such as Castelnaud-la-Chapelle, Domme and Sarlat-la-Canéda.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1200 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Mid-stay linen change for stays of more than one week.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Mid-stay clean included for stays of more than one week. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Sunday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair and cot are available on request.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from May to end-September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).