Enchanting Five bedroom home with Beautiful Pool and French Window in Provence
It feels like your own small corner of paradise at Le Mas D’Or, an enchanting holiday home filled with character and high-end comfort. Set within walking distance to the pretty town of St-Rémy, this wonderful mas is the perfect place for your Provençal adventures.
The farmhouse originally dates back to the 19th century and has been splendidly restored whilst retaining so many traditional features. You feel a sense of its history as you as you step into the elegant living room with ornate furnishings, antique pieces, a hearty fireplace and an impressive wood-beamed ceiling. There’s also a cosy TV room and pretty office but the second pièce de résistance is the grand kitchen-diner which has been beautifully decorated. Ideal for enthusiastic chefs, the grill over the fireplace contrasts perfectly with modern appliances whilst bright sunlight floods in from the French windows.
There are five handsome bedrooms, each...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Mas D’Or is set in a residential area just on the edge of the charming town of St-Rémy, located in the incredible Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park, Provence. It’s about a fifteen minute walk into St-Rémy (1km), a lovely Provençal town filled with cobbled streets, pretty squares, inviting shops and atmospheric bistros, cafes and bars. There’s a great market on a Wednesday morning when stalls spill out from Place de la République down winding lanes and squares, selling all sorts of wonderful local produce – arrive early to soak up the ambience, after all it’s just a short walk away. The town is also famous for its links to Vincent Van Gogh who lived here after he checked himself into the monastery, St Paul de Mausole, and created around 150 paintings during his time including some of his most famous artworks such as ‘Starry Night’. Even today, artists fill the town and you can admire their work in many of the little art galleries scattered across the old lanes. On some summer Sundays artists display and sell their work along the ‘Route des Artistes’. St-Rémy is set in the beautiful Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park which is filled with olive groves, vineyards, undulating hills and mountainous landscapes. It’s a fine region for walking, cycling and horse-riding and there are also rock-climbing opportunities in the mountains. Sample some of France’s best olive oil and stop off for lunch in the picturesque village of Maussane-les-Alpilles (11km), spot celebrities who own houses in idyllic Eygalières (14km) and visit the incredible Les Baux-de-Provence (10km), one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Further afield, the Luberon region is filled with stunning landscapes and more mesmerising villages such as Ménerbes (37km), Lacoste (45km) and Gordes (42km) whilst L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (34km) has a wonderful Sunday morning brocante, many antique shops and is a great spot for canoeing along the Sorgue River. The small city of Avignon (26km) is filled with history, including some incredible UNESCO sites, as well as excellent restaurants and wonderful markets whilst Nîmes (42km) has many fascinating Roman ruins to visit. The magnificent Pont du Gard (39km) bridge, another UNESCO World Heritage site, is another great place to hire canoes or simply admire the beauty enjoying a picnic by the river. Another one of Van Gogh’s favourite haunts, Arles (24km), is just over half an hour away. It’s also the gateway to the Camargue, an amazing place to spend the day admiring the everchanging landscapes of wild white horses, pink flamingos, rice fields. You can even reach the beach in an hour at Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer (65km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Arrival time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : The pool is heated approximately March - end October. to Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.