Fabulous Cosy Private Estate bordering Lake District
Derwent Garden Estate can sleep 18 people, and has been renovated to an exceptionally high standard. This dog-friendly luxury self catering accommodation is ideal for families or anyone wishing to visit this beautiful peaceful part of the National Park.
Situated at the end of a mile long private drive with its own 6 acre private landscaped gardens, the Estate allows guests to truly relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the surroundings. Derwent is a historic building, its gardens sit on the border of the Lake District National Park with a prime position on a south-facing hillside with panoramic views of Skiddaw, Grassmoor and the Lorton and Buttermere Valleys.
*Please note the changeover days: week-long bookings must begin on Fridays, 3-night short stay bookings must also begin on a Friday and 4-night bookings are only available during the week and must begin on a Monday.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Chef Services: Available on additional fee
Derwent Garden Estate is situated in an amazing position overlooking the mountains of the Western Lake District just two miles from Cockermouth and 20 minutes from the beautiful town of Keswick. Cockermouth is a pretty market town with a wide, tree-lined and flower-decked main street, boutique shops and a large supermarket. There is an interesting museum, two art galleries, and a sports centre with climbing wall and indoor swimming pool. Cockermouth has a wide range of excellent restaurants and a list of the owner's favourites is included in the welcome pack. The traditional pastimes of the Lake District are easily accessible at this quieter end of the National Park. The estate is a great place for walkers to stay with so many of the Western Wainwright fells within 15 minutes drive. There are three golf courses within ten miles, including Silloth, which is consistently voted as one of the top 10 links courses in the country. There is also some of the best fishing in England on the river Derwent. Derwent Garden Estate is just a few miles from popular walking destinations like the Northern Wainwright Mountains, Crummock water, Buttemere and Loweswater Lakes and a five minute drive from the market town of Cockermouth.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500. This is paid directly to the owner prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection
- Arrival time : 4.30 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : The Estate is dog friendly, although limited to a maximum of two dogs per booking and the owners request that no dogs be allowed in the bedrooms. Please note that there is an additional charge of £20 per dog.
- Changeover day : Please note that these are non-negotiable: Friday for 1 week stays,
- Friday for 3 night short stays,
- Monday for 4 night short stays
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included
- Smoking Allowed? : No
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note:- Derwent Garden Estate sleeps a maximum of 18. Inviting any additional guests to the property, without prior approval from the owner (whether for an evening party or day visit), will result in your damage deposit being deducted and a request to vacate the property.
- Other 2 :