Contemporary Home with Six Spectacular Bedrooms in Lake District
A contemporary Lakeland home with six spectacular bedrooms, Ambleside House is a beautifully high quality, comfortable country house with breath-taking views across Loughrigg Fell and the surrounding hills of the charming Lake District landscape! Take your time driving on the winding, narrow lane from the village as you soak up the tranquil atmosphere of this superb location.
Your enormous open-plan living space is perfectly crafted into areas for relaxing, dining and cooking, with sumptuous sofas and a vibrant array of chairs around the large wall-mounted TV, with a set of large patio doors to one side through which natural light floods into the room, creating a warm, welcoming environment. To one side there is also a log burning stove, so you can stay warm and cosy even on the cooler evenings. At the far end of the room the large family dining area extends away from the living room with tons of room for all to gather and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Ambleside House is just a short walk from the magnificent village of Ambleside. Located on the northern shores of Lake Windermere, it is a bustling town with a great array of outdoor equipment shops, bookshops, gift shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as two cinemas, making it the ideal location to enjoy a relaxing afternoon. With its prime spot between several classic Lake District fells, it is a magnificent base from which to explore the ethereal beauty of this unblemished National Park. Indeed, it’s what sits just outside of the village that will truly get your heart racing! Something of a mecca for cyclists, walkers and water-sports enthusiasts, the landscapes awaiting you have to be seen to be believed! Leave the car behind and lose yourself in the fresh air! For the true adventurers, unbeatable skiing, climbing and mountain-biking can be found throughout the Park, while more relaxing pursuits including boat hire and golf can be found a stone’s throw away. Nearby attractions including the Lakes Aquarium, with the UK's largest collection of freshwater fish, the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, where you can enjoy a 3.5-mile steam locomotive trip into the Leven Valley and the delightful World of Beatrix Potter, where the fabulous animals of Beatrix Potter's tales are brought to life in three dimensions! All make for a great day out for all ages and can easily be combined for those short on time thanks to their proximity. The Lake District is England's largest National Park, with more than 3100km of rights of way, you can walk, cycle and ride yourself silly through this enchanting valley as you marvel at some of the world’s best scenery! Adventure courses, boat hire, all kinds of water-sports and much more ensure you can take the Lakes at your own pace, be that racing down the mountains on a bike, fell-running up them or gliding through them on a Launch, the possibilities are endless! Carlisle, Leeds and Newcastle airports are all within a 2-hour drive or thereabouts, and there are train stations dotted throughout the National Park, so accessing the house on public transport is certainly possible.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A security deposit of £200 is to be paid to the owner prior to arrival and to refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 2 well behaved dogs are welcome. Please note that the dogs are not to go in the bedrooms and are to stay off soft furnishings.
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi included in rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property