Traditional Five bedroom farmhouse Style Home with Pool in Provence
Mas de la Pierre is for those longing for the charm of Provence on the French Riviera. This enchanting 19th century farmhouse offers character and authenticity with wonderful views yet is only half an hour from the glorious beaches and glamour of Cannes.
This traditional farmhouse was originally built around 200 years ago, made from local stone in a superb hillside setting. The mas has been sensitively restored, offering five comfortable bedrooms including three with king-size beds and a master bedroom with an en suite bathroom. Air-conditioning has been added to the bedrooms and living area, there are other modern features such as Wi-Fi and lots to keep you entertained from board games and DVDs to table tennis and swing ball outside. You can tell the owners are keen cooks by their beautifully equipped kitchen, a joy for guests or you could even hire a chef!
The sight of the vivid bougainvillea against the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Mas De La Pierre is in a glorious location in a valley just a short drive from the delightful town of Grasse and only 20km from Cannes and the French Riviera. Listen out for the sound of the river and its waterfall just below the house in this wonderful setting. Just 2-3km away there is a small village with a row of useful shops, including a supermarket as well as a quirky place selling takeaway pizza. Within a 15-minute drive you will find a good range of restaurants, including a couple of Michelin star establishments in the charming hilltop village of Cabris (5km). There are also many excellent restaurants to be found in nearby Grasse (7km). The historic town is so beautiful with picturesque streets and buildings, idyllic squares, cooling fountains and winding lanes. It is the perfume capital of France so a visit to one of the perfume factories is a must when staying in this area. You can also visit local olive oil producers and sample wine at nearby vineyards of course! It’s just a 20km drive down to the beaches of the Côte d'Azur with Cannes, Juan-les-Pins and Antibes half an hour away and further great stretches of coast in Théoule-sur-Mer (25km) and as far as Nice, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat and Beaulieu-sur-Mer, all around an hour away. Explore the French Riviera by boat or take an excursion to the unspoilt Mediterranean islands, Îles de Lérins. From Cannes you can also take summer boats as far as Monaco or Saint-Tropez for a spectacular day out. This region offers wonderful walking; there is a small canal just behind the house which is ideal for a pleasant walk or you can discover many other trails, some suitable for families, others for more experienced hikers. There are also great cycling routes in the area and if you prefer running, the local roads can be very quiet. Across the French Riviera there are a number of golf clubs, including the well-known Royal Mougins Golf Resort (15km), tennis courts are within easy reach and there is a variety of excellent watersports at the beaches along this part of the Côte d'Azur. Families will also love the waterparks, summer fairgrounds and farms that are dotted around this area, especially close to Antibes. Explore idyllic hilltop towns such as Gourdon (17km), Valbonne (14km) and Opio (12km) or travel further west towards the market town of Vence (26km) with it’s chapel created by Henri Matisse, St Paul de Vence (27km) with its excellent modern art museum and Tourrettes-sur-Loup (20km) with its lovely artisan studios and weekly market. Indeed, almost every day you can discover a wonderful market whether in a tiny village or larger town, selling amazing seasonal and local produce.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £2,000 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, subject to reasonable usage.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, subject to reasonable usage.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes plus a mid-stay light clean/tidy is included mid-week. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is heated approximately May to end-September. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.