Superb Villa with Mesmerising View of the Alpilles Mountains in Provence
With mesmerising views of the incredible Alpilles mountains, La Retraite Estivale offers stylish accommodation in a superb setting in this alluring part of Provence. Sleeping up to 14 guests, this villa is superb for an extended family holiday or a large group of friends.
Spend time together in the light-filled lounge with its sofas, beautiful fireplace, books and chairs creating a relaxed and care-free setting. Cook up Provençal feasts in the smart modern kitchen with its many gadgets and appliances, then dine in the quirky dining area with doors opening straight out to the terrace.
The seven bedrooms, spread out over the main villa and neighbouring annexe, feature air-conditioning and en suite shower or bathrooms as well as an air of characterful simplicity and style. Staring out at the hilly landscapes around you, spend lazy days in the vast gardens and open grounds. Challenge your loved ones to a game of pétanque,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
In the very heart of Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park, La Retraite Estivale is perfectly positioned to explore the outstanding landscapes, delightful villages and historic towns of this glorious part of Provence. Just 5km away by car you will find a typically Provençal village with a handful of excellent places to eat (ranging from cafes and bistros to high-end restaurants), pretty shops and three of the original mills producing some of the highest quality olive oil in France. The main square with its fountains and historic buildings is a particular delight; it’s an incredibly pleasant place to spend some time wandering around, discovering its gourmet delights and soaking up the charming ambience. Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park offers wonderful walking through breathtaking scenery, many cycling trails as well as horse-riding or pony-trekking opportunities. You will also be able to take part in rock-climbing and there is a magnificent golf course at Domaine de Manville, only 7km away. A little further afield, head out on a family adventure along the Sorgue river, hiring canoes or kayaks in Fontaine-de-Vaucluse combined with a visit to the antique shops and amazing Sunday morning market in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (37km). Other idyllic villages to visit nearby include one of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages’</i>, Les Baux-de-Provence (10km), the home to a couple of A-list celebrities, Eygalières (12km) and the charming town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (15km) with its Wednesday morning market and strong historical links to Vincent Van Gogh. The incredible landscapes of the Luberon region are also within easy reach with the archetypal villages of Ménerbes, Bonnieux and Lacoste each around an hour away. A little closer to home, the town of Cavaillon (25km) comes alive in mid-July with it’s <i>Feria du Melon</i> and has many fascinating historic buildings to discover. Other wonderful towns and cities that can be reached for a remarkable day out include Avignon (35km) with its UNESCO World Heritage sites, Nîmes (50km) with its amazing Roman architecture, beautiful Aix-en-Provence (65km), the birthplace of Paul Cézanne and historic Arles (26km), also the gateway to the mesmerising Camargue.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 14 night in July & August, otherwise 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before the arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.