Charming Four bedroom home with Idyllic Gardens in Normandy
Set in idyllic gardens, within walking distance to both a pretty coastal village and beautiful beach, this charming home is a wonderful spot for care-free holidays exploring the enchanting region of the Seine-Maritime in Normandy. At Manoir des Falaises you will be staying in part of a historic residence that is one of the oldest in the village, dating back to the 16th century.
Inside, it’s a home of immense charm with typically French interiors full of character and warmth with interesting artwork, old photographs and comfy furnishings. Four bedrooms and three bathrooms makes this lovingly renovated home ideal for a family or a great base for good friends who wish to spend time in an authentic French abode.
No matter what time of year, the landscaped gardens are a joy with blossoming trees, evergreen hedges and delightful lawns, surrounded by traditional stone walls. Read a book in the shade of an ancient tree,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Only 12km from the Dieppe ferry terminal, Manoir des Falaises enjoys a beautiful location in the Seine-Maritime, Normandy, within walking distance to the beach as well as shops and restaurants. You can stroll down the country lanes to the attractive local village where you will find a lovely <i>boulangerie/patisserie</i>, pharmacy, a small supermarket, butchers, a café and a couple of nearby restaurants amongst other amenities, all within around 1km. There are also many stunning walking trails nearby, one of which will take you down to the beach in around twenty minutes or so. With vast shores of pebbles, sand at low tide and dramatic cliffs, this is an incredibly picturesque spot, ideal for days on the beach building sandcastles, paddling, swimming and enjoying the views in superb surroundings. Keep an eye on the tides for the best time to go – you will most likely find less visitors here compared to some of the other local beaches. This part of the Normandy coastline is known as the Pays de Caux with its famous Alabaster white cliffs and long stretches of magnificent beaches to discover. Keen hikers can walk to the Gorges Des Moutiers at low tide for yet more incredible scenery whilst the Valleuse de Vasterival is another breathtaking valley between the cliffs. If you love watersports then there is a surfing school just a short drive away. Other pretty places to visit close by include the wonderful Bois des Moutiers, an arts and crafts house with amazing gardens and the exquisite Le Jardin du Vasterival. Manoir d’Ango is another fine manor house to visit for a touch of Italian Renaissance architecture. Only a twenty-minute drive away is one of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>’, Veules les Roses with its charming thatched cottages and delightful watermills along the Veules river. The village also has a beach with a promenade, pier and beach huts – look out for the famous salt and freshwater oysters,<i> Veulaises</i>, which are often sold by the coast at weekends and you’ll find watercress from the river at local markets. Dieppe is also a great place to spend the day; visit its historic centre, explore its château (also a museum) and follow the foot-steps of Oscar Wilde who adored this town. You can also take boat trips from Dieppe to see the Alabaster cliffs from the English channel or perhaps go on a fishing excursion out to sea. Head down to the marina to soak up the vibrant atmosphere and don’t miss the Saturday morning market, known to be one of the best in France, selling all sorts of regional delights from local cheeses, meat and fresh fish to <i>calvados</i> and cider. Étretat, famous for its remarkable white cliffs, is just over an hour away or you may wish to travel as far as Honfleur and Deauville, two charming and typically French seaside towns. Heading inland, Rouen is a beautiful historic city on the river Seine or continue onwards to Giverny to visit Monet’s famous gardens.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Sunday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Small well-behaved dogs are accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).