Contemporary Modern Edwardian Country Home in Maidenhead
A large elegant Edwardian house totally refurbished in 2014 to a very high specification, nestled in the heart of this quintessentially English country village, provides spacious luxury accommodation over three floors with 6 large bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 5 reception rooms and a garage. The house has been sympathetically renovated keeping several original fireplaces and interior features.
Outside, the house offers private gardens of approx. 0.75 acres, overlooking The Thames Valley towards Cliveden House at Taplow. The House has services of a local manager to check guests in and out, and advise the visitors of the day to day running of the house (alarms, heating, satellite TV, Wi Fi, Cookers etc).
The 6 bedrooms and bathrooms offer variety of luxurious accommodation over the top two floors of the house and all but top twin have satellite television.
On the top floor, one principal suite offers a large bedroom with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In Cookham Rise there is a small shopping complex and a great little supermarket called Country Store which stocks most items and has a free car park. The complex is situated just across the railway line with the car park on the right hand side. You can buy virtually anything here! Going back towards The Apple House, from Country Store you will find a fine independent Butchers called Keith Macey’s. The meat here is very good. Just along from the butchers is a nice deli selling French meats, pates and cheeses and some bread and wine perfect for evenings in. For larger supermarkets visit Maidenhead where you will find a Waitrose and Sainsbury's. Local Amenities - Theatre Royal Windsor Wycombe Swan theatre,Cinemas in High Wycombe Maidenhead and Henley,Swimming Pool and Ten Pin Bowling in Maidenhead Various National Trust Houses (Cliveden) nearby plus Windsor Castle. - Historic towns of Eton, Maidenhead and Beaconsfield. - Royal Ascot - Boat hire cruise along the Thames including sights of Magna Carta Island, Runneymede and other historic & beautiful towns and villages such as Marlow, Henley, Pangbourne, Sonning & Oxford to name but a few - Spa - Danesfield House Hotel, near Marlow. - For golfing enthusiasts there is Harleyford, Winter Hill, Temple, & Flackwell Heath Golf Clubs.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 to be paid directly to the owner and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Please note that there is an additional cleaning charge of £95 which is to be paid directly to the owner
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased ti 7-nights across peak dates
- Pool heating charge? : No
- Pets welcome? : Up to 2 well behaved dogs are allowed, they must stay downstairs and not be allowed on any furnishings or unattended
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : The Use of the Hot Tub operates from Beginning April - End September. During this period, the hot tub cannot be used after 8pm due to an agreement with local neighbours. It is un-operational and decommissioned between October and March.