Unique Country Home on the Waterfront with Beautiful Lake Views in Sussex
Waterside House, a truly outstanding English country home, on the banks of the serene Bewl water. A meandering drive through thick woodland opens out to reveal this grand mansion, an expansive area of outstanding natural beauty and an hour away from London.
Step outside through double doors to a stone patio facing South across the 800 acre lake, with a beautiful lawn stretching right down to the water’s edge.
The décor is impeccable throughout, cosy yet stylish, and guests will feel instantly at home thanks to perfect balance of rustic charm and bespoke furnishings. As Waterside House is conveniently close to London and everything it offers, but whether you’re boating out on the lake or sitting on the patio at sunset, you’ll feel a million miles from the hustle and bustle of the capital.
From the approach via a private drive, opening out onto an impressive vista of Bewl water to the stately home-from-home feel in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
- Royal Tunbridge Wells: 7 miles - Rye: 12 miles - Wadhurst: 1.5 miles - Lamberhurst: 1.5 miles - London: 28 miles - Central London: 45 miles - The 13 miles around Bewl Water is an idyllic circuit for a walk, run or cycle. - Trout fishing from the bank or a from a boat are both popular pastimes in the area. - Sailing - Canoeing - Kayaking - Bicycle hire - Adventure playground in Lamberhurst - Horse Riding facilities are just 3 miles - Quad biking is 2 miles from the house - Golf courses just 3 miles away - Clay Pigeon shooting within 8 miles - Paintballing
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1,000.00 for mixed family groups
- Arrival time : After 4.00 PM (negotiable with owner)
- Departure time : Before 10.00 AM. (negotiable with owner)
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Heating costs included? : Yes
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Pets welcome? : No pets allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only
- Changeover day : Monday, Friday
- Other Ts and Cs : No loud music can be played after midnight
- Other 2 : There will be a £500 non refundable fee for holding a party at the house, which exceeds the sleeping capacity of 16. Please be aware that Waterside House cannot accommodate weddings.
- Other 3 : Wedding parties are welcome at Waterside House, so long as the total number of guests does not exceed 50!
- Other 3 : - If guests wish to enjoy fireworks during their stay then they must be organised by a trained professional.
- Stag & Hen Do's Allowed? : No stag, hen or single sex parties allowed