Beautiful Architectural Country Home Retreat in South Devon
Salcombe Retreat is a warmly-inviting, contemporary home set in the woods, offering sleek architectural finesse and light-filled accommodation blending modern comfort with home-like appeal, on the edge of Salcombe.
This compelling home is every inch the polished sea-side home, providing a slick and fresh space for a large family or group of up to twenty to spread out and adjust the pace within an environment hallmarked by chic interiors, designer flair and quality of raw materials and fittings.
Guests will simply exhale and relax as they enter this woodland world of flawless comfort, open-plan living and understated luxury. Guests can enjoy both privacy and abundant potential for vivacious, sociable living. Salcombe Retreat provides the ideal space for a family to reconnect away from the bustle of the crowds and the strains of modern living. The magnificent dining table is a natural timber beauty, seating twenty -...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Salcombe Retreat is on the South Devon coast, just outside the beautiful coastal town of Salcombe. Salcombe sits on the banks of the Salcombe Estuary making it one of the prettiest towns in South Devon. Located within the South Devon Area of Outsanding Natural Beauty, Salcombe is known for its spectacular coastal views and rolling surrounding countryside, as well as being a centre for sailing. Salcombe is a great base for a holiday spent on the water or at the water’s edge. With its estuary location, Salcombe is a water sports haven - whether it be sailing, kayaking, surfing or paddle boarding - the crystal blue waters are inviting. The local beaches are fabulous, with golden sand and turquoise. This delightful town draws a glittering crowd, and offers so much, from charming artisan shops to surf lessons in the sun, and coastal pathway walks or tours of the local gin distillery. Dining out is a sumptuous affair, among our picks, would be the Victoria Inn, an award-winning gastro pub with large beer garden which is very popular in the summer. Down by the fish quay, the Crab Shed is a must for seafood. For the “beachy” vibe, try The Winking Prawn, or the homemade crab tagliatelle with garlic, chilli and lemon at The Crabshell Inn. For smart Mediterranean chic, the Salcombe Harbour Hotel is an excellent choice. Taking a boat tour is a wonderful treat, to be able to drop in on hidden coves or hop a secluded beach. Or stay on dry land, to walk to North Sands in just seven minutes for safe swimming and views of the Salcombe Estuary, Sunny Cove and Wolf Rock. A stroll down Salcombe’s Fore Street will reveal a hotbed of cosy bookshops, quaint coffee parlours and beachwear boutiques, whilst further afield visitors will chance upon art galleries, boat-building yards and ‘live’ food stalls. For surf lessons with video analysis, head to Discovery Surf, or try stand-up paddle-boarding with Waterborn. Take the steep and scenic walk from Salcombe to Bolt Head. Or follow the East Portlemouth and Gara Rock Trail along the South West Coast Path above the harbour, passing the romantic ruins of Fort Charles. This part of Devon offers sublime natural beauty, alongside some of the prettiest and most sought after seaside towns, brimming with water sports potential and fine dining experiences, there really is something for everyone.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1500 Credit card authorisation required, it is refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.
- Arrival time : 5pm
- Departure time : 4pm on Sunday
- 10am on other days
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Changeover day : Friday
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the property
- Minimum stay : 2 nights
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wifi connection included
- Other Ts and Cs : Hot tub cannot be used past 10.30 pm
- Other 2 : Not suitable for hen or stag parties
- Other 3 : No outside music on the balconies