Beautiful Chic Country Lodge in the heart of Shropshire Hills
Cedar Lodge makes a beautiful base for groups wishing to stay-in-style while in the heart of the beautiful Shropshire hills. Nestled betwen England and Wales there is plenty for guests to see, do and explore in the area, with mid Wales, Snowdonia and the coast in easy reaching distance, while its position between Welshpool and Shrewsbury means that shops, restaurants and amenities are just a short car journey away.
The home is composed of Victorian Rectory-style architecture and dates back to 1840, having been recently refurbished, today Cedar Lodge seamlessly combines it’s original charm with updated interiors and contemporary furnishings. With views across the valley borders to Long Mountain, this south-facing home basks in sunlight in the spring and summer months, and offers a warm and cosy abode in the winter months. Comfortably sleeping up to nineteen guests it makes the perfect home away from home for families or a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Cedar Lodge is nestled in a prime spot with breathtaking views, between the historical market town of Shrewsbury and Welshpool. This stunning home offers easy access from the borders into mid Wales as well as the spectacular welsh coast. There is a tennis court and acres of beautiful gardens on the estate, and an array of discounts and services on offer, from reduced day passes to the local luxury spa and fitness centre as well as advisory on all the best local restaurants and amenities. Set within acres of land, Cedar Lodge is just outside the quaint little hamlet of Wollaston. Walkers and cyclists will be in paradise; Ludlow is known for is highly rated gastronomy whilst Snowdonia National Park and its breathtaking landscapes are just a drive away. There is a range of lovely coastal villages to visit: Aberdovey and Abersoc whilst Shrewsbury is one of the last unspoilt market towns blending the old with the new. With over two hundred individually owned boutiques, gifts, furnishings, bars and restaurants set in a medieval labyrinth of alleys and squares, situated within the loop of the River Severn. The hosts at Cedar Lodge have an array of access passes and discounts for local amenities, including the exclusive and luxurious Rowton Castle Country Club. <b>Owner Recommendations:</b> <b>Pubs, Bars & Restaurants</b> <i>The Windmill Pub, Rowton</i> <link http://www.windmillatrowton.com/>http://www.windmillatrowton.com/</link> <i>The Olde Hand & Diamond, Coedway</i> <link http://www.oldhandanddiamond.co.uk>http://www.oldhandanddiamond.co.uk</link> <i>Rowton Castle Hotel, Rowton</i> <link http://www.rowtoncastle.com/>http://www.rowtoncastle.com/</link> <i>The Golden Cross, Shrewsbury</i> <link http://goldencrosshotel.co.uk/>http://goldencrosshotel.co.uk/</link> <i>The Lion & Pheasant Hotel, Shrewsbury</i> <link http://www.lionandpheasant.co.uk>http://www.lionandpheasant.co.uk</link> <i>Drapers Hall, Shrewsbury</i> <link http://drapershallrestaurant.co.uk/>http://drapershallrestaurant.co.uk/</link> <i>The Blind Tiger, Shrewsbury</i> <link http://www.theblindtigerbar.co.uk/>http://www.theblindtigerbar.co.uk/</link> <i>The Libertine Cocktail Bar, Shrewsbury</i> <i>The Peach Tree, Shrewsbury</i> <link http://www.thepeachtree.co.uk/ - external-link-new-window "Opens external link in new window">http://www.thepeachtree.co.uk/</link>
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : The client will be required to provide credit card details to the owner for a £1000 Damage deposit as. It will be pre-authorised one week before the booking commences, any moneys owed will be discussed with the hirer and taken within one week of the hire coming to an end and the balance refunded within 2 weeks of departure.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Dogs are welcome but must stay downstairs
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 2-night minimum stay at weekends. For mid-week stays beginning on a Monday, there is a 3-night minimum stay.
- Changeover day : Friday. (Monday for 4-night, mid-week bookings)
- Other Ts and Cs : No fireworks allowed and guests are kindly asked to keep noise to a minimum when outside in the eveings