Eccentric Tea House with Pool on the edge of Dartmoor National Park in Belstone
Dartmoor Tea House holds a wonderful location on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park in the picturesque village of Belstone. The characterful home holds a wonderful hilltop position which allows guests to enjoy beautiful views over the surrounding green landscape, while making a fantastic base for those wishing to explore Devon’s marvellous great outdoors while also being close to the popular towns and cities of Okehampton, Chagford and Exeter.
The home has been designed with high attention to detail and boasts unique semi-oriental influences throughout due to its owners Shanghai tea trade connections, seamlessly merging its original charm with updated interiors. Dartmoor Tea House can comfortably accommodate up to fourteen guests across seven well-appointed bedrooms.
On the ground floor is the main living accommodation which comprises of an elegant drawing room, formal dining room and fully equipped kitchen...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Dartmoor Tea House is situated in the North Dartmoor village of Belstone , just minutes from the town of Okehampton where helpful shops, restaurants and amenities can be found. It makes a brilliant base for those wishing to explore the beauty of Dartmoor on foot or by car, or those who wish to enjoy a variety of interesting country pursuits. The market town of Chagford, renowned as a haven for artists and often regarded as the “jewel in the heart of Dartmoor” is a twenty-minute car journey away, here there are fantastic shops and fine dining restaurants. Just half an hour away is the city of Exeter, with its art scene and independent boutique shops, cafes and bars it makes a wonderful place for the whole family to visit. For the beach bums, the North Devon coastline with its beautiful beaches is just an hour away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1,500 Credit card authorisation required, it is refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, super-fast, fibre-optic Wi-Fi is included in rental price
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 2-night minimum stay
- Changeover day : Friday
- Pets welcome? : Yes, 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome for an additional fee of £50 per dog, per stay. Dogs are brought into the property via the side door. There is an area here specifically for dogs to be made to feel at home, where dog food, dog towels and leads can be stored, and there is a sink for fresh water for bowls. Guests are respectfully asked to rinse muddy dogs prior to bringing them into the house.
- Other Ts and Cs : Sorry no stag or hen do's will be accepted
- Other 2 : Fireworks are not permitted