Fantastic Tudor Renovated Modern Cottage in Lake District
Hawkshead Cottage is a property from the Tudor-Period and has kept some of its historic features. It has kept its stunning wooden beamed ceilings, a beautiful style that adds to the magic of the holiday home, in addition to having been brought into the 21st century with modern renovations. It is a magnificent choice for large groups of friends, or families with multiple generations as the property is split into two. This cosy Tudor cottage opens into the entrance hall that immediately sets the tone for this beautiful property. It’s an oak-beamed entrance that leads into the living area that is a cosy and warm room with its warm colours and wood-burning stove. Additionally, the room benefits from a corner sofa that you can sink into and watch the television or a movie with a bowl of popcorn. It offers multiple seating areas in the room, allowing you to split into separate groups if desired to relax and have conversations into the night....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Hawkshead Cottage is between Hawkshead and Esthewaite which is near Lake Windermere, which means it’s surrounded by a beautiful location and offers plenty of sights to see. Hawkshead village is full of cobbled streets and Grade II listed traditional Lakeland cottages. You’ll find local shops, offering the chance to find beautiful Lakeland treasures. As well as tea rooms and café’s offering a wonderful place to enjoy some lunch or afternoon tea. Hawkshead is a spectacular place for those who love going on walks as it offers a selection of difficulties suiting all types of walkers. A few miles away is the village of Ambleside, and here you’ll find a larger selection of shops and supermarkets, you’ll find that these supermarkets will offer online shopping and delivery to the cottage. Additionally, if you take a ferry across Lake Windermere, you’ll reach Bowness, another beautiful Lake District village. It has its own range of shops and entertainment available to you. When in the beautiful English country side, there are many chances to go walking, bird watching, hiking or visiting any number of the lakes where you’ll be able see the beauty that the Lake District is known for. The Lake District offers a unique day out
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A security deposit of £200 is to be paid to the owner prior to arrival and to refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi included in rental price
- Pets welcome? : Two well-behaved dogs are allowed, however, they ARE NOT to go in the private apartment
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Changeover day : Friday only
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay
- Other Ts and Cs : Please request whether you would like the bedrooms set up as a super-king or twin room at time of booking
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property