Elegant 18th Century Country Cottage on Banks of River Rothay at England
Rothay cottage is an elegant Period home and a magically idyllic setting. It has beautiful views of the banks of River Rothay close to the famous ‘Stepping Stones’. This romantic Lakeland luxury has its origins in the 18th century, when you step inside, you’ll see how it has kept some of it’s historical origins and turned the house into the perfect place to relax and recuperate on a much needed holiday with your loved ones.
The cottage combines the period features honouring its history, with modern-day appliances and additions to combine your home comforts with the desired get-away location. Rothay Cottage can comfortably accommodate ten guests across five well-appointed bedrooms.
On the ground floor is the modern and fully equipped kitchen with its range cooker. There is also an American fridge freezer complete with a wine cooler, so feel free to have a drink while socialising and enjoying your holiday here as you...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
This secluded retreat near lovely little Rydal Water boasts strong connections with the poet William Wordsworth, who was inspired by the stunning surroundings. The poet's favourite viewpoint can be reached on the western end of the lake the tranquil surroundings are truly inspirational! There are many walks, the difficulty ranging, direct from the house. The cottage is only a short distance from Ambleside where you’ll find a range of local shops, chances to eat at traditional pubs as well as amazing restaurants. For kids you’ll even find a cinema! And for the adults a live music bar. Additionally, Lake Windermere is a spectacular place to spend the day, watching the boats and having picnics. Ferries leave regularly to the nearby villages of Bowness and Lakeside which all boast their own beautiful sights and activities.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A security deposit of £200 is to be paid to the owner prior to arrival and to refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi included in rental price
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 7-night minimum stay
- Changeover day : Fridays only
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property