Wonderful eleven bedroom villa with amazing views
Blythswood House holds a truly wonderful position set within the popular town of Oban with wonderful views over the Firth of Lorn and out to the islands of Mull, Kerrera and Lismore. The home makes an outstanding base for those wishing to explore this beautiful part of Scotland and with excellent ferry services nearby, it makes a fantastic option for those wanting to enjoy some island hopping!
Blythswood has been lovingly transformed by its current owners and today boasts luxurious interiors and modern furnishings, comfortably accommodating up to twenty-two guests across its eleven well-appointed bedrooms. On the ground floor is the main entertaining space which comprises of two elegant reception rooms, a living room with fireplace and fabulous sea views and a fabulous cinema room with 86” TV as well as a fully-equipped kitchen with all the tools a budding chef could possibly need and a spacious dining room. The first of the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Blythswood House is located just a 5-minute walk from the centre of Oban and a wide variety of restaurants, pubs and shops. Oban with its busy port is known as “The Gateway to the Isles”, from here (and depending on season) guests can visit a number of popular nearby islands including; Kerrera, Lismore, Mull, Iona and Staffa. For keen whisky drinkers, the Oban Distillery is one of Scotland’s oldest sources of Single Malt Scotch Whisky and one of the smallest scotch distilleries and is therefore a must visit while you are in Oban. For children, the local leisure centre is less than a 5-minute walk from the house and with its swimming pool and soft play area it makes a fantastic place to occupy the children should you have any rain! On a sunny day, the whole family will enjoy a walk up to McCaig’s Tower where beautiful views over Oban and beyond can be enjoyed. The closest airport to Blythswood House is Glasgow which is just over two hours from the house.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £750 to be paid directly to the owner prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 2-night minimum stay, this may be increased at peak holiday times
- Pets welcome? : 3 small & well-behaved dogs are allowed on a request basis at time of booking, the breed of dog must be stated.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that stag parties are not permitted