Charming Country Home Estate with Private Lake in Devon
A majestic ancient country manor house tucked in the exquisite Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Raleigh Estate is a fully-restored farmhouse and barn providing elegant and luxurious accommodation for up to 14 lucky guests!
You are greeted by a grand entrance way, complete with a spectacular mahogany staircase and wood panelling. The interiors are striking, with a sparkling farmhouse kitchen with exposed beams, oak floorboards and thick stone walls complete with an Aga and huge family table. A large central island between the two is perfect for involving plenty of chefs at meals times. The most sophisticated and dazzling of all the rooms is the enormous conservatory, with vibrant décor and modern furnishings, great for enjoying afternoon tea as the light streams through the expansive glass panelling.
Take a seat by the roaring fire in the cosy sitting room, dine in style in the formal dining room...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Enjoy the warm, welcoming and easy-going folk of the West Country, and the endless sandy beaches, fossil cliffs, medieval towns and national parks of Devon, a truly unmissable county! For a perfect day in the fresh air and sunshine, Exmoor National Park and the 954km2 Dartmoor National Park, with their endless rugged moorland, woodland, farmlands and valleys sprinkled with granite tors are ideal for walking, horse riding, mountain biking, climbing and much more! The magnificent Jurassic Coast, comprising 95 miles of coastline with 185 million years of geological history is well worth a visit, with the South West Coast Path running along a large section of it. If you’re after a traditional English beach trip with the added delight of white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and world-class sailing and surfing, you will not be disappointed! Devon has two separate coastlines: to the south is the English Channel and to the north, the Irish Sea and Bristol Channel. The sublime English Riviera, a series of picturesque, south-coast harbour towns, is the nickname of the magnificent southern coastline. Torquay is one of the main highlights: a delightful seaside resort town well known for its beaches such as Babbacombe and the cliffside Oddicombe. Torquay Harbour offers shops, cafes and a marina, while the nearby Torre Abbey, a monastery founded in 1196, has art galleries and extensive gardens. The smaller seaside town of Ilfracombe can be found on the northern coastline, and is a small, hilly harbour surrounded by cliffs. And for a lively city, to the south-east is Exeter on the River Exe, with its Roman era City Walls, vaulted, medieval underground passages and stunning Gothic cathedral, built in the 12th-century. To the west of the county you’ll find the larger city of Plymouth, with a fine display of its maritime tradition in the Barbican’s Tudor and Jacobean buildings and Sutton Harbour’s heritage trail. Both cities have bustling high-streets and lively nightlife thanks to the sizeable student populations! Notable events in the area include the Devon County Show in Exeter each May, the Dartmouth Royal Regatta in August and the British Firework Championships in Plymouth also in August. If flying to the area, Exeter International operates flights between Paris CDG, Amsterdam and countless UK cities, and the nearby Bristol International Airport has nearly 80 destinations.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 3 well-behaved dogs are allowed on a request basis for an additional charg eof £50 per dog, per stay. The breeds must be stated on booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Travel cot & highchairs are available on a request basis. Please bring your own cot linen.