Peaceful Country Home in Suffolk
A striking country house impressively silhouetted against the stunning Suffolk skies, Aldeburgh Manor is a marine-themed delight with incredibly quaint and spacious interiors! Enjoying a privileged spot by the sea, this home is a real treat for up to 14 lucky guests, accommodating both large families, groups of friends or even multiple families!
The design is delightfully social, with a dining table alongside the exquisite kitchen, and a number of separate but adjoining living areas ensuring whether you want solitude or a large gathering, you can find the perfect arrangement here! Gentle greys, delicate whites and creams and wood-tones ooze through the whole property reflecting the soothing palette of the dazzling natural world of the Suffolk seaside beyond. Nautical details add a sense of life to each room, reminding you of the stunning coastline just outside your window! The garden room and the living room, sitting...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled on the east coast of England, just over an hour from London, Suffolk is a fabulously peaceful, rural county with miles of sandy beaches and magnificent views! Starting at its southern border with Essex and stretching all the way to Lowestoft and the Norfolk coast, the 50 miles stretch of enchanting and often wild coastline of Suffolk has a little something for everyone! With charming villages, medieval towns and exquisite natural beauty all set against breath-taking skies it is a true feast for the eyes! The dazzling town of Aldeburgh itself, with its highly distinctive architecture, colourful boats and fresh-fish shacks stretching along the beach, is as unique as it is charming. World-renowned for its connection with Benjamin Britten, born in nearby Lowestoft but who spent the last 30 or so years of his life living here, Aldeburgh is believed to have inspired many of the works by the prolific composer. The impressive four-metre high 'Scallop' on the town’s Blue Flag beach is inscribed with the words ‘I hear those voices that will not be drowned’ from Britten’s famous opera Grimes which stand out against the glow of the Suffolk sky. You can even visit The Red House which Britten stayed in until his death in 1976 for an informal snapshot of the life he led here. In nearby Thorpeness you can hire a boat and row blissfully in and around the little islands of the 3ft-deep lake for a quaint day out with the family. A maze of market towns like Bungay, Beccles and Bury St. Edmunds that dot the ever-intersecting rural roads amid the beautiful agricultural landscape and thatched cottages of villages, Suffolk embodies the slow pace of life that so many of us can only dream of. And yet, this county is rich in history, housing the grand estates of Framlingham Castle and Ickworth House, it holds the Home of Horseracing in Newmarket, and even endless attraction including the Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park near Lowestoft or The Otter Trust near Earsham with a huge collection of otters!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : A maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed on a request basis. There will be an additional charge of £25 per dog, per stay. Dog breeds must be stated on booking.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : A travel cot & highchair can be provided on a request basis. The travel cot is free but guests must bring their own cot linen. There will be an additional charge of £20 for the highchair.