Charming Traditional Cottage in Dorset
With a thatched roof and red brick exterior, Lambs Cottage is a charmingly traditional cottage in beautiful Dorset, with a dazzling contemporary twist! As you pull into the driveway you’d be tricked into believing this is an ordinary cottage like all those of the 17th century – and indeed, it does possess this enduring character in its frontage. But step inside and you’ll find a quite extraordinary home.
The heart of the home is the open-plan kitchen and living room. The kitchen has rich blue fittings, colourful tiling and a delightful central island which doubles as a breakfast bar. An L-shaped sofa backs onto this, in front of a huge wall-mounted TV and beside a vast set of French doors that lead straight into the garden! There’s a second, cosier living room with two sofas by a fireplace and another TV for taking a moment to really relax and switch off, and there’s a formal dining room for special occasions with the whole...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Enjoy the warm, welcoming and easy-going folk of the West Country, and the endless sandy beaches, fossil cliffs, medieval towns and national parks of Dorset, a truly unmissable county! Those looking for a rural retreat in the fresh air, amid spectacular beaches and magnificent countryside need look no further. For a perfect day in the fresh air and sunshine, the magnificent Jurassic Coast, comprising 95 miles of coastline with 185 million years of geological history is well worth a visit, with the South West Coast Path running along a large section of it. Or if you’re after a traditional English beach trip with the added delight of white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and world-class sailing and surfing, you will not be disappointed! The county is brimming with events and attractions, and for the gastronomists among you, there is a fine array of fresh, local produce on offer across the region. The charming rural delight that it is, there are in fact no cities in Dorset! But to the south-west you’ll find Exeter, with its Roman era City Walls, vaulted, medieval underground passages and stunning Gothic cathedral, built in the 12th-century! To the east you’ll find Southampton and to the north are the magnificent cities of Bath and Bristol! All four enjoy a lively nightlife thanks to the sizeable student populations, and a packed calendar of events! Access to Dorset by car is easy, with excellent connections to Devon, Cornwall, Bath and Bristol, and of course London, around 100 miles away. If flying to the area, Bournemouth International Airport, just 25 minutes away, offers flights to many cities in Europe, while Exeter International operates flights between Paris CDG, Amsterdam and countless UK cities, and the nearby Bristol International Airport has nearly 80 destinations.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £350 to be paid prior to arrival and to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 9am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay. This is 7-nights across peak Summer dates.
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Baby cots & highchairs are available on a request basis at time of booking. Please bring your own cot linen.