Handsome Manor Home in Burgundy
This handsome manor house, set in a classified and renowned wine-village, couldn’t be better positioned to explore the world-famous vineyards, villages and towns in this beautiful part of central Burgundy.
Located mi-chemin (half way) between Beaune and Chalon-sur-Saône, near the vineyards of Côte Chalonnaise, Manoir Mi-Chemin offers elegance and authenticity alongside contemporary comfort in glorious gardens with a heated swimming pool. The owners have a real eye for detail, as seen through the stunning restoration where they have retained so much period detail such as ornate ceilings, exquisite flooring and splendid chandeliers.
At the end of a day exploring, sip fine wine by the fireplace in the high-ceilinged living rooms or prepare feasts using ingredients from local farmer’s markets in the perfectly equipped kitchen, fit for a chef. Six inviting bedrooms, styled with pretty yet simple touches, feature blue...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Bathtub: Separate Tub and Shower
Outdoor Dining Area
Manoir Mi-Chemin is set in a Burgundy village just a short drive from the popular market town of Chagny, in the Saône-et-Loire department. This is an ideal location for exploring the famous towns and vineyards of Beaune, Chalon-sur-Saône and the rest of the Burgundy wine region. Wander down into the village, passing characterful shuttered houses and pretty archways, pick up morning pastries or treats from the boulangerie and patisserie or drop into the small supermarket, just a short walk away. The village also has a restaurant and is home to many wineries where you can sample some of the local Côte Chalonnaise wine from vineyards surrounding the village and beyond. Chagny (4.5km) is a lovely market town, reached by car or bike, and a visit to the vibrant and atmospheric market on a Sunday morning is a must. You’ll also find a variety of restaurants serving good, local food as well as the famous 3 Michelin starred Maison Lameloise (make sure you reserve a table in advance!). It’s also a nice place for walking and cycling, especially along the Canal du Centre with its pretty towpaths. Cycling and keen walkers can also follow the wonderful Voie Verte from near the village up to either Beaune or Chalon-sur-Saône, passing vineyards and beautiful scenery. It’s an easy drive (or cycle!) to the riverside town of Chalon-sur-Saône (17km) with its cathedral, museums and pretty old quarter which is perfect for exploring. Stop for a coffee on the charming Place Saint-Vincent or wander by the banks of the Saône where you can take summer boat trips along the river. Beaune (23km) is the most well known town of this region, around half an hour by car or you could take the train from the local train station just outside the village. The town hosts a wonderful market on a Wednesday and Saturday morning, has a number of great restaurants and wineries and is home to stunning historic buildings, including the much loved Hospices de Beaune. From here, follow Burgundy’s wine road, Route des Grands Crus, passing through idyllic vineyards and pretty wine-towns such as Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault, Volnay and Pommard, all within a twenty-minute drive, as well as many other villages of the Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits regions. Other interesting towns to visit include historic Autun (43km) with its lovely market and Dijon (68km), with its famous mustard stores and beautiful buildings. Nature lovers, in the meantime, should head to the wonderful Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan with its rolling hills, woodlands, streams and plenty of opportunities to hike, mountain bike or even try out some watersports on one of the rivers or lakes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid via bank transfer or PayPal to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Mid-stay linen change for stays of more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus a mid-stay clean for stays of more than one week. Please note that guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The swimming pool is open approximately mid-April to mid-October, subject to weather conditions (please note cooler months may be unsuitable for swimming).
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August. 5 nights during all other periods.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.