Impressive Elegant Home Overlooking Malvan Valley in Vence
Located in historic Vence, one of the Côte d’Azur’s most enchanting towns, Mas du Ciel Bleu is an incredible home with mesmerising views, just a 20-minute drive from the beaches of the French Riviera. In an elevated position looking over the Malvan valley as far as the sea, this period villa has been completely renovated to create a laid back yet beautiful home. Designed with an artistic flair, admire modern design alongside classic elegance as each room has been styled with grace and charm.
Six air-conditioned bedrooms offer respite in serene surroundings across the main villa and annexe whilst the living area is filled with light flooding in from the French doors that open up to the wonderful terrace with glorious views. Step out of the perfectly equipped kitchen to a delightful alfresco dining terrace looking out towards the gardens and forests beyond, a magical place for long evening meals enjoying fine food from the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Mas du Ciel Bleu enjoys an enviable location in a residential area on the edge of the beautiful town of Vence, just set back from the incredible Côte d'Azur. You can wander into the heart of Vence in about ten-minutes, a famous yet authentic town most well-known for its artistic scene with pretty galleries across the old town and the wondrous Chapelle du Rosarie, created by Henri Matisse. Walk around the medieval lanes of the historic town, enjoy dining in some wonderful restaurants or simply relax with a glass of rosé in a picturesque café. There’s a daily fruit, vegetable and flower market in Place du Grand Jardin as well as a weekly antiques market and the main market on a Friday morning selling all sorts of wonderful local produce. Just a short drive away is the equally charming St Paul de Vence (5km) with its Wednesday morning Farmer’s market and fantastic modern art museum, the Fondation Maeght. Again, the town is filled with great places to eat, galleries and stunning views all around due to its wonderful location. There are some lovely walking paths between the two villages and beyond if you’re a keen hiker. Heading towards the coast, stop off in the old-town in Cagnes-sur-Mer (10km) which has a great market as well as the former house of Renoir, Les Collettes, now a museum. The town's beach has a nice promenade and a good choice of watersports and beachfront restaurants or head towards Villeneuve-Loubet Plage (14km) with its great facilities. Other beaches can be found in and around Antibes (20km), Cannes (32km) and heading east past Nice towards Beaulieu-sur-Mer (32km) and the incredibly beautiful Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat (32km) peninsular. There are also many boat trips from various ports along the French Riviera, a good way to visit Monaco, St-Tropez or the picturesque island of Sainte-Marguerite. As well as visiting the wonderful cities of Nice (23km) and Cannes (32km), there are so many idyllic French villages to explore inland from nearby Tourrettes-sur-Loup (6km) with its artisan shops and market to Grasse (23km) surrounded by olive groves and lavender fields. Opio, Valbonne, Mougins and Biot, all within a 40-minute drive, are also archetypal hilltop villages so typical of this area. Drive through rolling hills, dense pine forests and olive groves to explore the hinterland of the Côte d'Azur. Golf-lovers can choose between many golf courses within a short drive, including the famous Royal Mougins Golf Resort (35km) and there are many great cycling trails if you take your bike or hire one locally. Horse-riding is also popular across this region and for a real change of scene, drive inland to the world-famous Verdon Gorge, two hours away, where you can hire kayaks or canoes surrounded by spectacular scenery.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2200 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes plus a mid-stay linen change is included for stays of more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, extra charge may apply for stays of over a month. Guests are also required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, pool heating needs to be requested in advance and the charge is €250 per week, payable locally. Not applicable in July and August. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : The 8-person price includes the main villa only (four bedrooms) whilst the 12-person price is for the main villa and annexe (six bedrooms).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.