Country Home With Incredible Views in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
With incredible views as far as the Massif de l’Esterel, this wonderful holiday home is close to some of southern France’s most beautiful villages and countryside as well as being within easy reach of the glitz and glamour of the Côte d’Azur. In a quiet and private setting looking over the landscapes around you, you will soon appreciate the relaxed ambience of this traditional home.
Greeted with chilled rosé in the fridge on your arrival, sit back in the al-fresco lounge under the shade of the towering pine trees and listen to the birds sing as you gaze out over the vineyards and valleys. The calming atmosphere continues inside with a welcoming lounge, a perfectly equipped kitchen and five charming bedrooms scattered across the two floors. Small toys, books and games, a DVD player and even Netflix add to the homely appeal whilst a Bose sound system, Egyptian cotton bath linen and even Turkish pool towels are further examples...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Set on a quiet country lane in the outstanding Var department of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, La Colline Du Soleil is only a short drive from some of the region’s loveliest hilltop villages and 40km from Cannes and the glamourous French Riviera. Fayence (3km), less than a ten-minute drive away, has a good range of shops and many wonderful restaurants as well as a great market on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning where you can pick up all sorts of local produce from fresh fruit and vegetables to olive oil, cheese and herbs. Another beautiful hilltop village, Seillans, is also just under ten-minutes away and an amazing place to visit with its steep medieval lanes and little squares. Classified as one of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>’, there are atmospheric cafes, ancient plane trees, pretty fountains and a delightful market on a Wednesday morning. Just outside the village, visit the enchanting Chapelle Notre-Dame de l'Ormeau with its 16th century altarpiece. Other picturesque hilltop villages include Tourrettes, Callian, Montauroux, all within around twenty minutes by car. Further afield, discover other famous villages and towns of this region such as Grasse (30km), Mougins (42km), Valbonne (48km) and St Paul de Vence (62km). Pass landscapes of mesmerising Provençal countryside filled with olive groves, vineyards and forests. You can reach the coast within about 45 minutes with the beaches of Cannes, Mandelieu-La-Napoule, Saint-Raphaël and Théoule-sur-Mer easily reached. A little further afield, you could even drive all the way to Saint-Tropez (70km) and its famous Pampelonne beach or in the other direction the beaches around Antibes (54km) and Juan-les-Pins are also wonderful. You’ll also find a great range of watersports along the coast and some lovely boat trips from Cannes, particularly out to the Mediterranean island of Île Sainte-Marguerite. Closer to home, there are also some great watersports at Lac de Saint-Cassien, about a 20-minute drive away, as well as lakeside beaches, lovely restaurants, swimming, fishing and pedaloes. For further watersport adventures, drive to the famous Verdon Gorge around 80km away. Golf-lovers only have to drive 15 minutes to find one of the region’s most prestigious courses, Terre Blanche, whilst other activities include cycling, mountain biking, horse-riding, tennis and some excellent walking including trails from right outside the house. There is also a gliding centre only a short drive away for a unique experience during your stay.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection. A €50 fee will be deducted if the barbecues are not left clean on departure.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, changed once for stays over 7 nights.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, changed once for stays over 7 nights.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €300 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May - September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.