Captivating Home with Spectacular Views in the heart of Balagna
With views of rugged mountains and the village church from your glorious terrace, it’s easy to see why Corsica is known as l’île de beauté.
In the heart of Balagne, just on the edge of a characterful village, A Balagna is an architect’s house, designed with style and flair whilst making the most of the beautiful scenery.
With air-conditioning throughout, four ensuite bedrooms and a vast open-plan living-dining room with its contemporary kitchen, this holiday home is all about smart modern living in rustic surroundings. Gaze at the typical Balagne landscapes from the picture-book windows that flood light into the superb and spacious living room.
In the morning you can wander to the boulangerie in the village for pastries to enjoy with your morning coffee on the vast terrace with mountain and valley views, listening to the birds sing in this idyllic setting. Relax in the sun or dip into the heated swimming pool,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
A Balagna is set on the edge of a mountain village in northern Corsica, with other houses dotted nearby, surrounded by wonderful landscapes of rugged peaks, trees and pretty Balagne villages. This region is often referred to as the ‘Garden of Corsica’ with good reason. You can walk into the village where you will find a small grocery store, a bakery and two small village restaurants, including one which belongs to the owner’s hotel where you can dine out on the terrace by the hotel's pool. There’s also an authentic osteria serving traditional Corsican fare on the edge of the village. As well as the owner’s lovely hotel in the village, a 19th-century palazzu (ask for a tour of some of the original features), you can also visit the family winery which produces a delicious red, white and rosé wine, all of which are highly regarded in the area, part of the Vin de Corse-Calvi AOC. You are incredibly well placed to visit other beautiful villages of the Balagne. Start with Speloncato (7km), dating back to Neolithic times, with its incredible views then wind back to Pigna (14km) with its ceramic and music traditions and Aregno (11km) with its pretty churches and annual almond festival. Spend time exploring the old village of Sant'Antonino (12km), one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ with steep narrow lanes and beautiful buildings. It’s a lovely place to stop for lunch with a couple of restaurants making the most of the glorious views towards the sea. There are many walking trails across this region, some leading from A Balagna’s local village itself and others which link Balagne’s hilltop villages. One such example is the trail between Lumio (17km) and the abandoned village of Occi where you are rewarded with spectacular views over the countryside and sea. The Balagne region also offers activities such as rock-climbing, canyoning, paragliding and horse-riding or even donkey treks around Sant'Antonino. There is also a superb golf course around twenty minutes away, Golf Reginu. You can of course find a wide range of watersports along the coast with the main centres in Calvi and Algajola offering jet-ski, kayaks, paddle boarding, sailing, snorkelling, diving and more. Indeed, it’s only about 25 minutes to reach the coast where you will find beautiful sandy beaches and crystal-clear seas. Plage de Bodri (18km) is a lovely spot, as is Sant Ambroggio and the sandy beach with its watersports at Algajola, with many smaller coves and beaches backed by maquis and pine trees dotted inbetween. Heading east, the wild and remote Plage de L’Ostriconi enjoys a glorious setting at the beginning of the Désert des Agriates. The nearest town, L'Île-Rousse (16km), is a charming seaside port where you can watch old men play boules on the main square, enjoy the town’s traditional or beachside cafes and restaurants and take a pleasant walk along the waterfront to the lighthouse. There’s always a lovely ambience in the town and it’s a great place to pick up produce from the covered market or shop in larger supermarkets. There’s also the charming little train, U Trinichellu, which runs between Calvi and L'Île-Rousse via Algajola, stopping off at lovely beaches on the way. Calvi (27km) is another wonderful town to visit for the day with its marina, beach, lovely old town and citadel and many pleasant restaurants and atmospheric bars. From the marina you can take boat excursions to visit the protected Scandola Reserve on the dramatic west coast, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €600 paid via bank transfer or cash to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is only heated approximately April to end-October. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday (mid-June to mid-September) or flexible at other times.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (mid-June to mid-September) or 3 nights at other times.
- Smoking Allowed? : Yes, except in the bedrooms.
- Pets welcome? : Yes, on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.