Lovely Villa with a Beautiful Poolside Terrace with Mediterranean Views in L’Île-Rousse
Gaze out to the red rocks of L’Île-Rousse and its lighthouse, perhaps with a glass of chilled Corsican wine in hand, as you relax on the poolside terrace. Just a short stroll from the heart of this charming town, Villa Roches Rouges is a beautifully styled home from which to experience the wonders of the Balagne region in the north of this incredible island.
With air-conditioning throughout and modern features such as a gym, contemporary kitchen-diner and a smart living area, Villa Roches Rouges offers style as well as comfort.
The four bedrooms are beautifully decorated with pretty fabrics and high-end furnishings alongside impressive en suite bathrooms. The master double is especially wonderful with a balcony looking out towards the Mediterranean; step out and listen to the waves lap against the rocks below. Outside, a decked terrace with a swimming pool and sun-loungers offers further magnificent views of the sea....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Roches Rouges is located in the lovely seaside town of L'Île-Rousse, in the Balagne region of northern Corsica, close to the port with ferry arrivals from mainland France and Italy. Guests can wander a couple of minutes down the road to the owner’s hotel where you can enjoy the hotel's award-winning buffet breakfast if you wish; in the summer they have tables set outside on the terrace looking out towards the sea. The hotel also has a little beach or across the road there is another beach with a great range of summer watersports including yachting, stand-up paddle boards, jet-ski and pedalos. From here it’s also a lovely walk up to the lighthouse where you can enjoy yet more incredible views. It’s about a 5 to 10-minute walk to the centre of L'Île-Rousse where you will find pretty shops, charming restaurants down narrow lanes, a beautiful town square with cafes and plane trees as well as a delightful covered market selling local specialities such as charcuterie, cheese and honey. There’s also a town beach with a handful of beachside restaurants, a great spot for some of the freshest sea-food straight from the Mediterranean. You’re also only a couple of minutes from the train station where you can pick up Corsica’s little train, <i>U Trinichellu</i>, which runs a few times a day between L'Île-Rousse and Calvi (with the odd train continuing on to Bastia or Ajaccio via Corte). You can stop off near some lovely beaches such as Plage de Bodri with its white sand and turquoise waters or the larger stretches of coastline near Algajola and Sant Ambroggio, both places where you can find a number of leisure activities including watersports. Bear in mind the train can get very busy in the summer but it’s a great experience, especially for little ones. The Balagne coastline offers many wonderful beaches accessible by car and then foot. Look out for beachside cafes in the summer serving amazing fresh fish or pretty coves backed by pine trees and maquis, the fragrant wild herbs of Corsica. Heading east, the amazing yet remote Plage de l'Ostriconi is also worth a visit at the start of the mesmerising Desert des Agriates. Take some time to visit the magical perched villages of the Balagne countryside from Feliceto and Speloncato with their rugged mountainous landscapes to Pigna’s artisan shops and Sant'Antonino’s restaurants with spectacular views. This is also a walker’s paradise with many trails for various abilities covering woodland, villages, coast and mountains. Calvi (25km) is another picturesque town to visit with its long beach, upmarket marina and historic centre. Have lunch on one of the terraces by Église Sainte-Marie followed by a wander through the citadel with its breathtaking views. You can also take a boat trip out to tour the Scandola Nature Reserve on the west coast, a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to spectacular scenery and wildlife.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : TBA.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and daily maid service (except Sundays) is also included for the bedrooms. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes and daily change of towels.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open and heated approximately May to mid-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €15 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally to the hotel reception on arrival or departure (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.