Incredible Tranquil Converted Watermill Home on the Banks of the Hérault
Experience absolute beauty all around you as you stay in an exquisitely converted watermill on the banks of the Hérault. Spend your days river swimming, picnicking under the ancient plane trees and relaxing in the Languedoc sunshine in this beautiful abode close to the historic town of Pézenas. It’s hard to imagine a more idyllic setting, with glorious gardens filled with century-old sycamores, pines and summer laurels. Sit back and read a book in a deckchair by the riverside, dine al-fresco in the shade of the beautiful trees and listen to nothing but the sound of the flowing water and birdsong. Spend carefree summer days swimming in the river followed by a barbecue with regional delights picked up from Farmer’s markets close by, sipping Languedoc wine from local vineyards.
The historic watermill was one of the last working mills on the Hérault and is now listed as an ‘Historic Monument’ of France. It has been recently...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
On the banks of the Hérault in the enchanting Languedoc-Roussillon region of southern France, Moulin de la Pêche enjoys direct river access and is just a ten-minute drive to the beautiful and historic town of Pézenas. Set in the countryside, surrounded by ancient trees, vineyards and farming land, there are some wonderful walks and cycling opportunities around you as you venture into the Languedoc garrigues that this area is well known for. There’s also a small hamlet within walking distance, around 1.5km away and there is also easy access by car to the road that connects Pézenas and Béziers. You will find a great variety of excellent restaurants, charming shops, useful supermarkets and other town amenities in the delightful town of Pézenas, one of the true historic gems of southern France and well-known for its links with the French playwright, Molière. Wander around the pretty lanes with historic buildings all around you as well as art studios, galleries and antique shops. The Saturday morning market is especially well-known in the region; it dates back to the 14th century and sells all sorts of regional delights. In July and August atmospheric night markets are hosted on Friday evenings, part of the annual ‘Les Estivales’ where you can enjoy great street-food, lots of local wine and live entertainment. There are endless vineyards in the surrounding countryside and so many wineries you can visit; personal tours and tastings can easily be arranged. Food-lovers will love dining by the Étang de Thau in Mèze (22km), enjoying fresh oysters and white wine, perhaps followed by a boat trip out to see the oyster beds of Bouzigues. The sandy Mediterranean beaches of Marseillan Plage and Cap d’Agde are also close by within a 30-minute drive or enjoy the historic town of Sète with its many waterways. Look out for watersports, water parks, summer amusement parks and other family attractions along this part of the Languedoc coastline. There are also further watersports at the idyllic Lac de Salagou (34km), also an area for wonderful walking and mountain biking. Canoe hire is also possible along the River Orb in Béziers or Cessenon-sur-Orb. Other fantastic places to visit include the vibrant city of Béziers, especially during the August feria with all its festivities. Two of southern France’s greatest UNESCO World Heritage sites are also within striking distance with Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert (45km) and Carcassonne (110km) ideal for amazing days out.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card as a pre-authorisation one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes and changed once for stays of more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €20 per pet will apply as well as an extra cleaning charge of €25 per hour (both payable locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Small weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.