Fabulous Tuscan Style Home with Pool
In one of the prettiest regions of south-western France, there’s no wonder this area is sometimes called the ‘Tuscany of France’ with its rolling landscapes of hills and woodland alongside idyllic bastide villages and historic towns. Maison Toscane is perfectly positioned close to the border between Lot and Tarn-et-Garonne, enjoying incredible views from its vast and glorious grounds.
As you arrive you’ll immediately appreciate the beauty around you – drive through the gates, passing wonderful woodland and as you reach Maison Toscane be amazed by the surrounding scenery. Look out towards rolling hills, meadows and maybe even summer fields of sunflowers, depending on what the local farmers may be harvesting that year. You will be equally impressed by this beautiful home – the former owner created this maison from scratch using only original antique building materials to create an authentic French house that harmoniously...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
With views of the rolling hills and neighbouring farmland around you, Maison Toscane enjoys a private and rural setting in a small hamlet near the border of Lot and Tarn-et-Garonne, only half an hour from the historic wine-town of Cahors. A five-minute drive away is a village with all the essentials you should need such a boulangerie, butchers, pharmacy, a couple of lovely small restaurants, a handy petrol station and even a weekly market on a Sunday morning. You’ll find a supermarket just outside the village or head to the larger towns of Cahors and Montauban for even greater amenities. This region is known as ‘French Tuscany’ for good reason with its landscapes of undulating hills, fine regional food and welcoming ambience; visitors come here to discover the real France and a relaxed pace of life. Take in the scenery by cycling or walking, canoe along the Tarn to the south, admire the wildlife by the River Lot to the north or ride horses in the beautiful countryside between. Very close to Maison Toscane you will find a charming nine-hole golf course with a tennis court where you will be warmly welcomed by the hospitable owner. There are also so many delightful villages to explore, perfect for a spot of lunch and sight-seeing and look out for those hosting farmers markets or vide greniers (flea markets). Medieval Montcuq has a lovely Sunday morning market whilst Moissac on the River Tarn features an impressive 12th century abbey and also has a great weekend market. The bastide town Lauzerte, classified as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ is also close by – make sure you also visit Lauzerte’s beautiful gardens where you can admire the views around you and keen walkers can follow extensive trails in the area. A visit to Cahors is also a must, especially for wine-lovers with the town’s surrounding vineyards producing some of the world’s best Syrah and Malbec varieties. The historic town is a delight to explore with its charming lanes, old buildings and summer boat trips along the River Lot. The 14th century Pont Valentré bridge is now a UNESCO World Heritage site and the traditional twice-weekly market selling all sorts of regional delights also shouldn’t be missed. Another one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ is Saint-Cirq-Lapopie with its listed historic monuments and idyllic setting which has inspired writers and artists over the years. Further west along the River Lot, Puy-l'Évêque is also a special place where you can enjoy river boat trips in the summer. Montauban is a pretty town for another day trip, as is Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val, close to the gateway to the incredible Gorges de l'Aveyron. If you feel like travelling even further afield then head north to the exquisitely preserved town of Rocamadour or cross the border into the Dordogne department with Monpazier, Domme and La Roque-Gageac, ideally placed for wonderful day trips.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €800 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including one change for stays of over 7 nights.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : Included in July & August. Extra €150 per week during all other periods. Available on request only and paid to the owner before arrival.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €300, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : The grounds also feature a pigeonnier with a bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette/living area that can also be rented in addition to the main house - rates are on request.