Beautiful Historic 17th Century Home with Private Pool in the heart of the Chalosse countryside
Surrounded by the beauty of rural south-west France, in the heart of the Chalosse countryside close to idyllic villages and historic towns, experience old-world charm and warm hospitality at this characterful family château. Château Chalosse dates back to late 17th century and is set in nine acres of glorious grounds with a private pool.
In the main château, experience the historic ambience of the comfortable living room, cosy TV lounge, perfectly equipped kitchen and dining room. Upstairs, 7 bedrooms, individually styled with character and charm, all with beautiful views over the courtyard garden or surrounding countryside. Traditional features like antique furnishings, beamed ceilings and cosy wood-burners, accompanied by modern comforts including Sky TV with Netflix, a DVD library and magazines to enjoy. 2 further bedrooms in the rustic and pretty cottage adjacent to the château.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In the tranquil Chalosse countryside, in the heart of the Landes, surrounded by woodland, vineyards and fields of maize and summer sunflowers, Château Chalosse is a rural paradise yet also close to a village and many wonderful places to explore. You can experience the joys of the countryside on your doorstep with walking, cycling and running routes straight from the château gates – look out for an abundance of birds and other fascinating wildlife including deer. This region is also known for its excellent Gascon cuisine – specialities include foie gras, poultry from Saint-Sever, Bayonne ham, and cheeses from the Pyrenees as well as a wealth of fresh fruit and vegetables and even seafood from the Atlantic coast. You will find a number of restaurants within a 10km radius and you can also discover regional delights in Farmer’s markets in nearby towns and villages – the quality of locally produced food in this part of France is very high. Those seeking Michelin starred restaurants can try the magnificent three star Les Prés d'Eugénie. Some great wines are also produced in the region with vineyard visits and tastings easy to arrange. Whilst there is a small village only 3km from the château, you will find the nearest shops and supermarkets in the local towns of Hagetmau and Saint-Sever. Look out for the Wednesday morning market in Hagetmau and sport-lovers will find golf, tennis and an Olympic sized swimming pool at the brilliant La Cite Vert Sports Stadium. Hagetmau is a lovely place to spend some time in cafes or restaurants, soaking up the local atmosphere. Saint-Sever is another charming town filled with history and tradition. It’s Benedictine abbey is a UNESCO World Heritage site and its also on the Santiago de Compostella’s pilgrim route. Enjoy a coffee on one of the many café terraces, explore the weekly market and look out for a number of cultural events or festivities throughout the year. There are many other beautiful villages and historic towns to visit across this region as well as enchanting castles, interesting museums, farms and picturesque gardens – the owners will provide you with an information folder with all sorts of recommendations for days out. Hire canoes along the Luy de Béarn in the idyllic village of Amou or along the waterways even closer near Arboucave. There are also many places for fishing as well as horse-riding and various walking trails. For those looking to be pampered, a day out in the spa town of Dax is a must. If you are wishing to explore further afield then you can reach the Atlantic coast in around an hour with its magnificent sandy beaches, superb surfing spots and vibrant seaside villages and towns. The stunning Parc National des Pyrénées is ideal for hiking through meadows of wild flowers with incredible scenery around you. You can even head across to Spain and savour the flavours of the Basque country with the border town of Hendaye, on the Atlantic coast, under 2 hours away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1500 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.