Stylish Historic 19th Century Home in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
With glorious views of vineyards from the beautiful grounds, this historic manor house is a wonderful place to stay when visiting the world-renowned wineries and incredible beaches of the Médoc peninsular. This 19th century Maison de Maître is part of an estate that produces a fine red wine in a characterful wine-village near the Gironde estuary. As you wander around the expansive gardens, gaze at the vineyards all around you or appreciate the idyllic setting as you relax in the swimming pool.
This home has been sensitively restored by its current owners, a family of experienced wine-makers, who have created a comfortable abode with style as well as character. Traditional furnishings feature alongside contemporary touches and you will find quality throughout with fine bed linen and excellent amenities.
Downstairs the dining room is ideal for family feasts or sit outside on the alfresco terrace by the barbecue. A...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Concorde is set amongst vineyards in a small wine village on the Médoc peninsular, near the Gironde estuary. The village itself has a number of wineries as well as characterful houses and a 13th century church. Within a five-minute drive there is another small village with a food shop and wine-bar whilst you will find usual town amenities, as well as a good choice of restaurants and supermarkets, in the town of Lesparre-Médoc (11km). The Médoc region is of course well-known for its world-famous wines – some of the most prestigious wine appellations can be found within a short drive. One of the most famous wine towns is Pauillac (23km) where you will find over one hundred wine-châteaux in the town and surrounding area from small family-run businesses to vineyards producing <i>Premier Cru</i> wines. Famous names near Pauillac include Château Mouton-Rothschild, Château Lafite-Rothschild and Château Latour. Pauillac is also a pleasant town in itself with shops, excellent places to eat including a Michelin starred restaurant and a food market on a Saturday morning (look out for fresh oysters from the coast) – the Médoc also offers amazing regional cuisine. A little further south, Margaux (45km) is also one of the most celebrated wine towns in the world. With such excellent vineyards across the Médoc peninsular, both close to home and further afield, the owners will be able to help arrange visits to vineyards and wine tastings. Drive west and within half an hour you can be on the Atlantic coast. The 12km long sandy beach at Montalivet (30km) is stunning, backed by sand dunes and beautiful forests or head north to the popular resort of Soulac-sur-Mer (35km). Cyclists can follow parts of the cycle trail that runs down the west coast as far as Cap Ferrat. This is also a wonderful area for walkers and horse-riders with paths through the Médoc forests with coastal and country scenery. Keen surfers and watersport enthusiasts will also love Lacanau, around an hour away and one of the most popular surfing spots on the Atlantic coast. There’s also a lake at Lacanau, ideal for summer paddling in warm water without the Atlantic waves as well as sailing and windsurfing. Of course, you can also visit the magnificent wine city of Bordeaux, around ninety minutes by car, with its historic centre (now a UNESCO World Heritage site), great restaurants, wine-bars and architecture – a superb day for any wine-lover!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes and mid-stay linen-change for stays of more than two weeks.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for stays of more than two weeks. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August. 4 nights during all other periods.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.