Traditional 17th Century Chateau in Uzès Village
Be surrounded by elegance and history at this village château just outside the incredibly beautiful town of Uzès, within striking distance to Nîmes and the world-famous Pont du Gard. The setting really is idyllic – the château is in the heart of a traditional village with flower-filled lanes and pretty houses, a little café and shop and even a church and marie, making it ideal for weddings as well as a relaxing break away.
Once you are in the château’s vast grounds, you will feel immediately at ease with its glorious gardens and picturesque views. Listen to the trickle of the water fountain, smell the summer scent of the roses by the gated swimming pool and find shady terraces under century-old trees for a fine glass of Côtes du Rhône. Enjoy barbecues by the summer kitchen feasting al-fresco with close family or friends.
Château Empire has been part of the owner’s family for the past 400 years – it originally...
At a glance
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Empire can be found in a charming village, only a 5km drive from the historic town of Uzès, in the Gard department of southern France, under an hour from the airports of Nîmes and Avignon. The village is full of character with pretty lanes, old houses, a café and small shop as well as a church and marie, ideal if you are planning your wedding here. You are also very close to beautiful Uzès – head there on a Saturday morning for the bustling market in the heart of the old town and discover the town’s many restaurants, cafes and bars. There’s an air of authenticity across the town and the historic buildings have been beautifully preserved – climb to the top of the Bermonde Tower, part of the Duchy of Uzès, for wonderful views of the town and surrounding countryside. Uzès is now a designated ville d’art and visitors come to admire its history and charm. Drive just fifteen minutes south and you will reach one of the region’s UNESCO World Heritage sites, the magnificent Pont du Gard. This Roman aqueduct is one of France’s most visited historic monuments – head there with a picnic to enjoy by the banks of the Gard river and there are also opportunities to hire canoes and kayaks in this spectacular setting. Lovers of Roman history will also adore Nîmes, especially the Maison Carrée, one of France’s best preserved temples, and the amazing amphitheatre, Les Arènes. It’s also a great city for lovers of French food with excellent restaurants and a fantastic indoor market. Look out for exhibitions at the contemporary Carré d'Art and make sure you visit the Jardin de La Fontaine, just outside the city centre. Another highlight of this area are the Gorges du Gardon, wonderful for walking (including a trail through the Sainte-Baume cave!), swimming and canoeing excursions, some of which include the Pont du Gard. There’s some superb rock-climbing and mountain bike trails through the nature reserve. Avignon (40km) is also easily visited in a day with its vibrant markets and historic monuments including the Palais des Papes and Pont d'Avignon, both UNESCO World Heritage sites. South of Avignon, visit some of the idyllic towns and villages in Provence’s Les Alpilles region such as Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (54km) and Les Baux-de-Provence (55km). Wine-lovers can explore the vineyards of the Côtes du Rhône to the east with Châteauneuf-du-Pape only a 45-minute drive away or discover charming wineries closer to home in Uzès.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for stays of over 7 nights also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.