Charming Country Style Home in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Discover the delights of the north-west corner of Ile de Ré with this characterful 3-bedroom abode just a few steps from the lovely shops, restaurants and beaches of Les Portes-en-Ré. Be enchanted by the summer scent of jasmine as you approach the front door via the charming alleyway and enter into your lovely home.
Dating back to the early 1900s, Maison Emerillon was once a wine cellar yet as been gracefully restored into a holiday home with many traditional features. Admire the exposed stone walls and beautiful flooring and see the light flooding in from the wide French windows that open up to the pretty courtyard. The living, dining and kitchen space has been tastefully styled whilst three sweet and cosy bedrooms each feature their own modern shower room.
Outside, catch the sunlight in the courtyard garden with a glass of chilled wine and enjoy meals alfresco using the striking stone barbecue. You can even...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Emerillon is perfectly positioned just a short stroll from the heart of Les Portes-en-Ré in the beautiful north-west corner of Ile de Ré, an area known for its vast beaches and incredible natural scenery. The island is reached via a 3km long toll bridge which connects the mainland to Ile de Ré and then it’s a further half hour drive up to Les Portes-en-Ré, passing past some of the island’s most delightful villages. The maison doesn’t have car parking right outside but you can usually find a space around 100m away, then wander down a narrow lane and archway to reach your home. It’s just a few minutes stroll into the heart of Les Portes-en-Ré with its boulangerie, butchers, patisserie, small supermarket and pretty little shops selling regional produce. The main square hosts a daily Farmer’s market in the summer where you will be able to buy the famous Trousse Chemise oysters. Another special experience is cycling south of the village, past the 9-hole golf course and as far as a little cabin selling local oysters looking out over the salt marshes. Also, a little further along, is a superbly positioned beachside restaurant looking out towards the bay. The island is a paradise for food lovers with many bustling Farmer’s markets where you can pick up some of the local specialities such as Ile de Ré potatoes, fleur de sel, Charentes-Poitou butter as well as a wealth of shellfish picked straight from the island’s bays. There’s even wine and beer production on the island. The island’s beaches are simply superb and ideal for long lazy days with the family as well as watersport enthusiasts. The nearest beach, only 700m away, is wonderful, as is the Conche des Baleines with its 19th century lighthouse, reached via cycle paths through the pine forests. Watersports on the island (many which are offered at the town’s watersports centre) include wind-surfing, sailing, sea-kayaking and kite-surfing. Horse-riding can also be found nearby whilst cycling is one of the area’s most popular pursuits with trails covering so much of the island. Hire bikes locally and head down to the amazing salt marshes and wetland of the Lilleau des Niges Nature Reserve, especially wonderful for bird-spotters and lovers of wildlife with guided tours available. Two of France’s 'Plus Beaux Villages', Ars-en-Ré (8km) and La Flotte (28km) are worthy of a visit and the charming main town of Saint-Martin-de-Ré (25km) is also a joy to explore with its historic buildings and lovely harbour – look out for the town’s well-known jazz festival in August. For a day out with a difference, perhaps en route or on the way back, La Rochelle (47km) is also a great place to spend some time with its vibrant daily market, historic sights, lovely marina and picturesque port.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €300 will be charged to the clients’ credit card upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests’ insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. (late arrival fees apply)
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (early check-out fees apply)
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. A mid-stay clean at the end of the first week (excluding Saturdays) or a mid-stay clean in the middle of each week is also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights except peak season when 14 nights. All other durations on request only.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request only.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1- €3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchairs and cots are available on request.
- Beach towels included? : Yes.