Stylish Maison Holiday Home with Pool at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In a superb setting just a stone’s throw from the heart of charming Les Portes-en-Ré, Maison Pluvier is a smart holiday home with its own swimming pool and pretty garden, a great base from which to explore this alluring island. With four bedrooms and sleeping up to six guests, this contemporary abode offers space, comfort and style.
The large open-plan living room with its woodburning fire offers ample space as it opens up to a modern kitchen and lovely dining area. In warm weather, slide open the large windows that lead straight out to the decked terrace and garden. There is ample choice of bedrooms for everyone from two en suite doubles in the main house to a poolside 2-bedroom annexe with another double and two sets of bunk-beds which are sure to delight older children. White-washed walls and simple yet bright décor make each of the four bedrooms inviting and comfortable - ideal for carefree summer holidays in wonderful...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Bathtub: Separate Tub and Shower
Outdoor Dining Area
Ile de Ré is a wonderful place for relaxing holidays, making the most of the long stretches of coastline and beautiful natural scenery. The island is accessed from the mainland via a 3km long toll bridge then drive another half an hour to Les Portes-en-Ré in the north-west of the island. In a residential and central setting, Maison Pluvier enjoys being close to the amenities that Les Portes-en-Ré has to offer – just a few minutes stroll down the road and you will find a selection of shops including a bakery, butchers and small supermarket as well as a handful of cafes and restaurants. It’s a pretty village with white-washed houses, flower filled lanes and a sense of authenticity and charm. In the other direction you can walk to the village’s main beach in under ten minutes with its vast sandy shores and watersports centre offering wind-surfing, sailing and sea-kayaking amongst other activities. Follow the coast south and come across incredible beaches such as Plage de la Loge (1.5km) and Plage de Trousse-Chemise (3km) as the scenery becomes even more wild and beautiful. Enjoy a special meal at the beachside restaurant looking out towards the bay or discover the little shack that sells the area’s famous Trousse Chemise oysters, both a cycle ride away. Lovers of nature and keen bird spotters will appreciate walking or cycling through the salt marshes of the Lilleau des Niges Nature Reserve or cycle through the pine forests to the north of the village until you reach the remote Conche des Baleines beach. To the far-west of the beach the 19th century lighthouse, Phare des Baleines (5km), offers amazing views of the island if you can manage the 250 or so steps to the very top. There are many other parts of this enchanting island to discover. Close by, one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ Ars-en-Ré (8km) is a lovely morning out, especially on market day (twice a week) when all sorts of regional produce is on display. The historic village of La Flotte (28km) has a fantastic market held every day and the delightful La Couarde-sur-Mer (15km) is also a joy to explore. Jazz lovers shouldn’t miss the August festival in Ile de Ré’s main town, Saint-Martin-de-Ré (25km) or visit at any other time of year to appreciate its historic charm and picturesque harbour. If you feel like a day away from the island, why not visit the city of La Rochelle with its brilliant markets, historic sights and relaxed city ambience.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €1800 will be charged to the clients’ credit card upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests’ insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. (late arrival fees apply)
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (early check-out fees apply)
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. A mid-stay clean at the end of the first week (excluding Saturdays) or a mid-stay clean in the middle of each week is also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is normally open from April to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Minimum stay : 14 nights. All other durations on request only.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request only.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1- €3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchairs and cots are available on request.